I love Valentines Day, I think it is such a fun holiday, I love the pink and red, the treats, the flowers, the cards etc.. I have two loves this V-Day, Andy of course and then my little man Andrew. These two bring me so much joy! I love them so much!!! So I decided to share a story on each of them.
The other day I was trying to put Andrew down for his afternoon nap, and I should preface this with saying I took down his crib and put a full size bed in his room. The mattress is on the floor right now because this is just an experiment and I don't have bed rails yet. I did this because Andrew moves around so much in his crib and turns himself sideways and obviously can't fit so he wakes up crying every night, I thought it wouldn't hurt to try having him sleep in a larger bed, to see if this solves the problem. So it does, but has created another problem, putting him down...why, if he can climb right out and walk around, play in his room, and so on. So back to what I was saying, the other day I tried to put him down for his nap, he kept getting out of his bed, and just refused to go down and I knew he needed a nap. I layed in his bed pretending to go to sleep, hoping he would get a clue that he needed to take a nap, I would peak at him and see him looking at me, just not caring, and going on to do as he pleased. So after about 15 minutes, I reached my arms out to him and said "Andrew please come lay down with Mama" He smiled, reached his arms out to me and as I picked him up he snuggled his head on my chest and fell asleep on me within minutes. I kissed his little cheeks because he made me so happy, he realized that I was serious and wanted him to lay down in his bed and not play, it may have taken him 15 minutes or so but I was so satisfied to have him snuggle with me in his new bed, and have him respond the way he did with extending his arms back to me. He always shows me that he loves me, as he typically wants only me which can be way too much to handle at times, but I treasure moments like these.
Last Saturday, we all woke up to a messy messy house. With both of us working and Andrew tearing up the house every moment he gets it is so hard to keep up. We are both tired after work and once I am home with my little man I give him 100% so cleaning gets put to the side. Here I'm thinking great...another Saturday at home cleaning away all day. Then Andy says,"Rachel I'm going to clean today, I don't need your help, in fact why don't you do something for yourself...go to the gym, tanning, shopping...whatever it is you want to do, leave Andrew here and I'll take care of him." HUH? Yes he meant it and was serious. He shows me how much he loves me by helping maintain our household, and giving me breaks as much as he can. I am extremely lucky to have a husband like Andy. I LOVE MY BOYS!
One Grandmas yard --
1 year ago







4 comments:
You are so Lucky! A break what is that? I couldn't get my Rosie to lay down in bed so I just make her sit still on the couch and she falls asleep sitting up. Kids are the best!
I love these stories. They are both so heart felt. You are so brave to take down the crib and try a regular bed. Just the thought of that is impossible for little Lil. I love that he totally stopped and snuggled you. I get small moments like that with Lil and I love it! Ahhhh being a Mom is the best.
oh my word, that is the most precious thing!!! those truely are teh BEST moments, what a luv! i took both my girls out of their beds at 18months and had/have the same probs, but them sleeping is more important than the struggle to get them in bed. He'll catch on in like a year ;)!
ANd Andy is so sweet! What a great hubby, life wouldn't be the same without these men that totally know what we need! yay!!!
OH! What cute stories. You certainly deserved both of them. I love the Andrew story- how perceptive of him!
Post a Comment