Sunday, February 17, 2008

Retro Bakery Now Open

My old neighbors Brian and Kari Haskell just opened a bakery in the Durango/95 area, behind the Walgreens, across the street from Albertson's, in the same shopping center as the Seven Eleven, that should make it real easy to find. It has been open for 1 week today. They specialize in cupcakes, cakes and pies. Not just any ordinary cupcakes, these are especially good. The concept is really neat, they have taken flavors that we all love and made them into a cupcakes. For example, the almond joy candy bar is converted into a chocolate cupcake with coconut frosting and sprinkled with shredded almonds, it is so good! They have so many flavors, daily ones, and monthly ones too. You can check our their website http://www.retrobakerylv.com/ to see more.

Here is a photo of the display case for the cupcakes. For Valentines Day I brought a variety of cupcakes to my Doctor's offices and they were a huge hit! Thank you Retro Bakery for doing such an awesome job!!! Go and check this cute bakery out and try a cupcake, I know you'll love it! Hop Scotch is definately one to try, it is a butterscotch flavored cupcake, and tastes just like a dairy queen dipped cone, I'm not even a butterscotch fan but loved this cupcake, and Andy did too. Treat yourself to a yummy cupcake! Let me know what you think.




9 comments:

KARI GARCIA said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy you like our cupcakes!! We are so lucky to have you as friends!!!

Mands Glenn said...

If I lived in Vegas I would be the biggest customer. Next time we are driving through Vegas I am stopping at Retro Bakery for sure. Once they get huge they need to open another one in Phoenix! Wish them the best of luck! I am always a big supporter of small business's. The flavors sound amazing! My mouth is watering and we just ate dinner and I am so wanting one of those cupcakes.

Ashley Gaskell said...

YUM!!! those sound so good! i am going to have to go and check it out.

Mands Glenn said...

Rachel, Hey! I need your Dads info. My little bro is starting to Ring shop a bit. I told him about your Dad. Can you email me and then I will email my little brother the info.
jominagirl@Hotmail.com
love ya!

aaron and allee said...

What a fun place! I would love to open a bakery! We will have to stop by when we are in town...

MissManda-Mae said...

Rachel,
I am glad aaron gave you the address. I know exactly who you are. Joe speaks so highly of your family and said he spent TONS of time at your house. I love your page and your little boy is too cute! I will pass the message to Joe and let him see your site tonight. He'll get a kick out of seeing you and your family.
-manda

chanel said...

I WANT TO OWN A BAKERY!!!!!!! HOW FUN! WHAT A GREAT FRIEND YOU ARE!! I TOLD JULIA- WE'RE GOING THERE WHEN WE GO TO VEGAS- YAY BABY!!!!
I SWEAR ALL OUR PLANS REVOLVE AROUND FOOD WHEN WE COME!!! :) I LIKES TO EAT!

Me said...

Oooh, I can take Chanel because I want to go there so bad! I've seen it over there, but have yet to go in. Now I will for sure!

It was so great to see you the other day. You are such a cutie & you make me feel so comfortable. I can't wait to hang out, let's do it soon. hugs!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you posted about Retro Bakery. They're really doing something great and I hope they have a lot of success.

You're right, the Hop Scotch flavor is incredible. It may be my favorite. Or Cinnamon Toast... Or Red Carpet Cake... oh, they're all great!