On Tuesday I turned 28, which doesn't sound all that exciting to me in fact one of my girlfriends said 28 was the worst year of her life! So I wasn't necessarily looking forward to my birthday this year, not to mention Andrew has been so sick, and I had 3 sleepless nights of coughing/crying leading up to my "special day." I told Andy not to plan anything because Andrew was sick and it would be better to just take it easy. I set zero expectations which was the best thing I could have ever done because I ended up having such a wonderful birthday!
Andrew slept in till 9am (the longest he has ever slept in his whole life) which pushed his nap back to later in the afternoon. He normally goes down around 12pm so lunches are always out but Andy was able to take me to lunch for my birthday to my favorite Thai restaurant, and it worked out so nicely. My mom said she wanted to make me a birthday dinner if I wasn't going out so I figured that would work perfect since Andrew was sick. She put together an amazing spread as always and set a beautiful table for me. She always goes above and beyond. I had a great dinner with my family and none of it was really planned until the day of
believe it or not. I couldn't have asked for more.


Andy thinks he is really funny by getting me a card like this, it did make me laugh though. He always picks out funny cards and he didn't give me "squat," he gave me some money to go shopping which is always nice, it forces me to make the time to go shopping.

My parents put this big smile on my face, my mom knows I love hoop earrings and I stopped wearing mine because Andrew was always pulling on them and practically taking my ear off so they got me little diamond hoops for my birthday that he can't put his fingers through to pull on! You can kind of see them in this picture.

Andy's parents were so thoughtful, they made my day!!! I got
Peruvian Lilly's from them by mail. I have never received flowers via Fed Ex before, it was AWESOME! I was totally surprised to get a huge box filled with beautiful flowers that come from the Andes of Peru.

My sweet Mom put together this beautiful table with her china, pink themed and all for me, she went the extra mile to make me feel special. I love her so much!

Andy got me an additional gift, this nice and colorful beach chair, we love going to Southern CA and hanging out at the beach, he has a great chair that I always use, so he bought me one so I would stop using his, I love the bright colors!

For me? I wish! This was a birthday gift for my friend Liz from her husband! Her birthday was yesterday, Happy Birthday Liz!!! As many of you know my family has been in the diamond business for 6 generations now, and working on rings/designs etc... is definately a passion of mine, I don't do it on the side, I do it for fun!! It is my absolute favorite thing to dive into. I love diamonds, I love working with them and creating pieces like the one above. I've been working on this one for the past month, isn't it stunning?
10 comments:
Happy Birthday!!
They gave me Zofran (I think that is how you spell it) but it doesn't help. I go back to the doctor on Tues, so maybe they will have something else for me! It totally sucks, but will all be worth it in the end. Clay is SO excited. He is so cute! I think the day we found out he was looking for cribs!
Happy Birthday! LOVE the ring. You always were so talented!
Happy birthday! Andy's card is so funny. What a goof. 28 won't be a bad year-hey at least it's not 30! I'm scared for that lovely milestone. I love that ring too. It is BEAUTIFUL.
Happy late Birthday!! What a great day, too. I love when you don't expect much, and it turns out perfect. Andy is the best, that card was funny & that beach chair is awesome! I want one! I also want that ring, but the chair is probably more in my price range. haha You're so talented.
RACHEL! Happy Birthday! I havent talked to you in SO long, but found you on manda's blogspot. I am so happy to see you and Andy doing so well and to see your lil man. hes adorable. best wishes and a very happy 28th year!
Happy Birthday!28 ia the BEST- too far away from 30 to care and still old enough to feel like a real adult- loved it!
and what great ways to celebrate, even little Andrew sleeping in like a good boy- wow!
Umm, I think I want that ring! I had no idea you did stufff like that!! I want the little diamonds to go around my diamond! I'l have to have you check it out when I come visit- NEXT MONTH! YAY!!!
Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!
You are such a wonderful person with such a loving family!!
Kari
I haven't checked blogs in so long! AHhhh You are 28! You joined the club. Your diamond earrings are gorgeous. You look amazing by the way. Your birthday sounded like so much fun and your Mom put together a wonderful table and meal. China and all. I remember coming home with your from BYU and walking in your parents house and your Mom had this huge spread of yummy food for us. Happy Birthday, girlfriend!
okay- I am in SO much trouble and such a bad friend. I understand if you never forgive me! I totally have not known all week what day of the week it is, let alone the actual date. I am way to much wrapped up in baby world. I hope I didn't actually talk to you on your birthday and not even say anything to you. I owe you big time!!!!! By the way- that ring is amazing!!! I absolutely love it- you just need one like that. Although your earrings are pretty sweet too! Love you tons!!!
Tara
Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful day! That ring is so beautiful! I can't believe you made that. I don't think I've thanked you enough for mine. I felt like a jerk for our exchange going haywire for the longest time known to man... so- THANK YOU THANK YOU. I honestly look at my rings everyday, not out of pride, and am so thankful and love them so much! The band is so perfect. I get complements on the set all of the time. They are very special to me. Again, happy birthday!!
Post a Comment