Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Birthday at the Beach

I haven't blogged in forever because my lap top shut down, and I didn't get it back for a week and a half so it put me really behind! I am so glad it is up and running now! We took a weekend trip to Southern Cali for Andy's birthday and I secretly called up his friends to meet up while we were there. Clay, Cheryl, Paul, Chelsea, Mandy and Jason are all friends from BYU and Paul and Clay were Andy's roommates. It was a family affair and it was so fun to catch up and see where everyone is at, and see all the cute kids. Brad and Chelsea, we missed you! Next time we'll get together for sure! We had such a good time, and it is so nice having CA so close to Las Vegas. It makes for a fun weekend getaway. Here are some photos/highlights from the trip.
As soon as we got to the hotel we jumped in the pool, here are Matt and Andrew cooling off.

I love wrapping Andrew up in a towel, he looks so cute!

Friday night we cruised around Huntington Beach, and Andrew couldn't stop running around, he had to burn off all his saved up energy from being in the car.

Saturday we met up with all our friends at a beautiful spot in Laguna Beach, here is Andrew in sand hole wondering how he is going to get out.

Me and Andy

Matt introduced sea weed to Andrew, as you can see he didn't care for it at all.

We had to trek down these lovely stairs to get to the beach, that was actually fine, it was going back up that made me realize how out of shape I am!

Andy buried Andrew waist deep and he protested right away to get out.


This was the highlight of the beach for the kids, the guys built a hill for the boys to slide down on and they couldn't get enough, they did it over and over, individually and as a group which was so funny to watch as they landed all over the place. Here are Paul and Andy facilitating the fun for Gavin, Andrew, and Evan!

Matt spent time with Andrew in the water and introduced him slowly and it didn't take long for Andrew to be totally comfortable with "the bubbles" as he would say each time he wanted to go in the water. "Bubble Mama, Bubble..."

Father and Son in the sand

Clay and Cheryl

My sandy boy at the beach, I just love this photo!

Saturday night we all went out to dinner for Andy's birthday then went over to Mandy's parents house in Newport and played rock band, it just came out for Nintendo Wii so I think we may have to get it! We had so much fun hanging out, and relaxing in Southern CA. We are so thankful for the great friendships we have!

12 comments:

chanel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDY!!!! What FUN!!! Oh how I wish we could go to the beach any old time, wouldn't that just be heaven?? You guys are all such gorgeous people, love the pictures! Love how happy you all are and just how much incredible love there is with Andrew, you're such fabulous parents and such a sweet sweet family!
miss you guys!

mutze handknit by ashley said...

I love visiting California. It looks like you had a blast. Andrew is seriously the cutest little boy ever. We have to hang out and play some tennis soon. Ash

SUZANNE said...

#1 - loving the sand hole photo! #2 - you are a hottie! Looks like you had a blast in Cali! Glad you're back to bloggin!

Cardalls said...

I didn't know you guys knew Clay...I was roomates with him in like '98. Good guy.

Senor Necio viene pronto a Las Vegas!!!!

The McDonalds said...

Looks like you had so much fun, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDY! Wish we could have joined you! Also so excited to just see what you've been up to, I've been anxiously waiting for an update! Hope you're enjoying your time with Andrew!

Amy Baker said...

I love the pictures on the beach. My aunt lives in Laguna Beach. It's the best place in the world! You have a beautiful family. You look amazing as always. It was also fun to see pictures of you and Tawny for the 4th of July. I haven't seen her forever. Tell her hello for me! I really want to get together with you guys when we're all in Vegas sometime. When ever that will be.

Established Feb 2, 2007 said...

Those pictures are so cute! We had so much with you guys! We wish we could have hung out more! We will have to stop by on our way to Utah in August! Happy Birthday again Andy!

Anonymous said...

The beach pictures are absolutely adorable, that is something I definitely miss about California!!

mandy said...

Andrew is the cutest! Glad you captured the night of rock band.

brit.brat said...

just found your blog!! i love the colors you chose the orange and brown coordinate so well.{light blue too?}so cute. and super cute family!love little andy.looks just like him.

The Morris Fam said...

So fun! Happy Birthday Andy... we of course were terrible friends and forgot to call you. Looks and sounds like you had an amazing time! We can't wait to get together with you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

Rachel! He looks so cute in the first sand one...where hes in the whole and has the most worried look on his face! Figures you and Andy would bring the cutest little boy on Earth into the world!