Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Bitter Sweet
It's official, today was my first day as a "stay at home mom." I'm excited, nervous, not sure what to do with myself....but happy, and happy for Andrew. Most of you didn't even know this was coming, it kinda crept up fast! I am going to miss all of the OD's and MD's that I work with very much as they have become a big part of my life. But this is a step in the right direction for our family and as all of you know, family comes first!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







17 comments:
That's pretty exciting!
Congratulations Rachel. It's hard being a stay at home mom, but also the best job I've ever had. You'll love it! Does this mean #2 will be coming along shortly? Good luck! Andrew is lucky to have you.
What a great choice! You are such a good Mom to Andrew, so having you around even more is just going to be even better! Now we have no excuse not to get together to play or have lunch or something!!
I think the exact same way. I did try to do the stay at home mom thing 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It was hard so I now I work two nights a week at a restaurant. I get to keep my sanity and then my hubby gets time alone with the kids. I think it is the best of both worlds. Good for you!
No worries. We will have to go swimming. Call me sometime. Do you work out at 24 hour? we will have to go at the same time so the kids can be in the kids club together. Ashley
How exciting! I'd have it no other way. The first year is the hardest but you have lots of people to visit to fill time! Call Me!
Andy, I'm not sure what incriminating photos you still have of me but lets just say you can name the price!! So there is plenty of time to make a summer trip to the OC. You seriously should call so we can plan a day down in Laguna...and don't even try to come down without calling!
whoa! cool. im sure it won't take much adjusting- you're a FABULOUS mama!!! More playin thats all! and more babies???
um andy's trip looks INCREDIBLE!! Hello, i need a trip like that, THE FOOD!!! He's the MAN!!! NY is just the best!!!
Girlfriend,
Sorry it has taken me forever to comment,but I just wanted to say that you are going to love it. I'm sure it has been such great help having your Mom be able to watch Andrew while you work, but there is just nothing like getting to stay home with your kiddos all day. Maybe you should add another little McEwen baby in the mix. Andrew needs a little sister. ha! I'm joking! You are an amazing Mama! Miss you
Yeah!!! I am so excited for you. I can't wait to be able to talk to you more and see you more... very soon!!! We love you!!
That is awesome. I am so happy that you are going to stay home with Andrew. You will enjoy him so much. It's a lot of fun. I know I'm a hater about this weekend, but it was family time all weekend. I really want to see everyone though. We need to get together soon!
Hey, how is the stay at home Mom? Are you loving it? You're so lucky to be able to do that with Andrew! I love my breaks between semesters when Ellie and I have just me and her time. We try to have little adventures every day to help the time pass and have fun. He is a lucky boy!
Well good for you, its fun being home with your kids. My favorite part is not having to set an alarm clock, my kids are mine.
Congratulations Rachel!! I love your blog I ran across it when I was on brooke lambeths. Send me your email and I will send an invite to visit our blog. Hopes of another baby now that your home for good? Your little Andrew is so cute and getting so big! Talk to you soon . Janell Filipovic
Wow, so exciting. I'd have to say, I wouldn't change it for the world. It's the greatest blessing to be able to grow up with your kids instead of having to hear about all there firsts. You will love it. Give me a call, maybe you and andrew would like to come swimming sometime. I'm always home you need some company.
congratulations Rachel! That's awesome. He is a lucky little guy to have a mom like you. Hope all is well in vegas. sending best wishes your way.
Hey guys~
Found your blog...it was so fun to see you all the other night. Andrew is the cutest little guy ever. We'll have to continue the Rock Band night next time you guys come down.
Take Care~
Mandy
Post a Comment