Monday, August 18, 2008

McEwen Family Reunion July 2008

Well, here I am . . . trying to fill in for the blogger of the house (Rachel). I need to warn everyone to immediately lower your expectations for this blog over the next few months while Rachel remains out of commission with morning sickness, because I'm taking over and DO NOT claim to be a "blogger" of any sort. Either way, here I am and I thought I would post on our recent McEwen Family Reunion 2008 (minus Rachel, she couldn't be here because of an X-treme vomitting competion she was training for). This year we rented out a large cabin/house in Cascade Idaho on the lake. The weather was great and we all had a great time. It was good to see all the family together in one place. Below are some photos of the reunion in no particular order.

McEwen Family Photo



Mom's Garden - One of the best parts of visiting my parents in Boise Idaho in the summer is all the fresh vegetables from the garden at every meal. They don't know how lucky they have it . . . the produce here in Las Vegas tastes like wax.




Tyler Coltrin - my nephew. This is the face he makes when you ask him to smile for the camera.


My brother Nate and his daughter Jada posing with her Dad's motorcycle goggles.


This is just a cute picture of Jada - my niece, about to pretend like she is going riding with her Dad - my brother Nate.



This is my brother Matt showing the nephews how to make "mentos bombs." That's Brandon Coltrin running away as the "bomb" explodes. What fun you can have with mentos and a two liter bottle of coke.


Lance Angell (my other nephew) watching on as the "mentos bomb" explodes with Grandpa and Grandma McEwen in the background talking with my Dad.


Grandpa and Grandma McEwen sitting on the beach watching everyone play in the lake and doubling as babysitters to the passed out kid to their left on the ground. The lake wore everyone out.


A few of the nephews - Brandon, Jake, and Stephen playing in the sand.



Ken Angell - my brother-in-law and his youngest son Benjamin.



Jada playing in the lake.



Josh Coltrin - my brother-in-law with his sons and nephews in the boat.


I thought this was a great photo of Brandon Coltrin posing for the camera as he is about to jump in the lake.


6 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

Andy thanks for filling in, because I didn't know what I would do if I didn't get any updates from the McEwen bunch. Rachel, I'm so sorry you are so sick. blah! Get better. The reunion looked like so much fun and I think cute Jada looks a bit like cute baby Andrew. Also, I too love fresh gardens with fresh veggies. It's always the same when I go home too. love it!

camille said...

Hey Andy! Remember me? I just found your link on Jared's. How the heck are you? You and your family look great and it's so good to see how you are doing. Congrats on baby #2! Your wife and son are gorgeous. Me, Laura, Hillary, etc. have been wondering what you've been up to. We've been chatting about the ol Blue House gang. Anyhow, great to see you! Good job blogging, by the way.

Laura Ek said...

Hey Andy!!! It's Laura! Camille just sent me your link, and I'm so excited to see you have a blog! Your family is so cute! So you live in Vegas? How have you been? Benny and I are in So-Cal and have 2 boys. We have wondered where you ever ended up! You can check our blog at ekfam.wordpress.com. Good to see you!

Scarlet said...

So I called you earlier (Rachel not andy) to congratulate! I'm happy for you guys but I know that it sucks for Rachel to be so sick so if you need anything let me know. By the way you guys win-you've got more people on you blog then anybody else-well may except for amanda! Scarlet

sara and lance syrett said...

well rachel this probably isnt the best place to tell you this but it looks like I am one day further along than you. Yes I am preggers too. isnt the sickness fun? I can totally relate and its harder now that you have a kid or two. Congrats!!

sara and lance syrett said...

well rachel this probably isnt the best place to tell you this but it looks like I am one day further along than you. Yes I am preggers too. isnt the sickness fun? I can totally relate and its harder now that you have a kid or two. Congrats!!