Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Birthday Boy Turns 2!

Andrew celebrated his 2nd birthday on the 18th. Because I have been so sick, I didn't want to plan anything big knowing that most likely I wouldn't be up to it. We decided to have a small birthday party for him just with family. He is currently obsessed with Curious George so we made it a Curious George party for him. For food we did his favorite, home made pizza, and added penne pesto pasta/w chicken, and Caesar Salad. The food turned out great! My Aunt Vicky traveled here from Utah to be with Andrew on his special day, as she wouldn't miss it. He was so excited to see her it was really cute. The night turned out great, and I think having his birthday with his family was what he needed. He totally knew it was all about him. Andy and I decorated the house with Curious George before he woke up on his birthday and he was thrilled, he kept walking around the house saying "George, Mama...George Dada" to make sure we knew how excited he was. There are a ton of pics below, I'm not good at cutting out photo's so I decided to post a bunch.

A few things about Andrew, he counts from 1-10 in English and Spanish but when he does it in Spanish he claps at the end and says "Bravo" (a word he learned from Nana and Papa Guy), it is pretty funny. He also knows his ABC's and whenever we are out and he sees letters he points to them and says them out loud, I love how much he is learning right now, it is amazing to see how quickly he picks things up. He is in parrot mode and repeats everything we say and is communicating really well with us which makes things so much easier, I love knowing what he wants and needs without having to play the guessing game. Another funny fact, he loves tomato's, he will eat a whole tomato in one sitting and ask for another one and if we don't give it to him, he starts to cry. He is a very good eater, and it shows, he is a strong and healthy boy weighing 34 lbs, and is 36 inches tall.

Birthday boy

The decorated table

My attempt at making a Curious George cake

It is so hard to get Andrew to smile for photo's, but this is proof he loves his pizza!

Andrew started crying when we sang him "Happy Birthday" he got scared.

We calmed him down with a cupcake

Uncle Aaron helping Andrew open his remote control car, he was really spoiled this year!

Andy and I got Andrew his first train set, he was so excited!

Tawny, Grant and Blake showed up and surprised Andrew with a more legit Curious George Cake from Baskin Robins, it was so good, I think I'll take that route next year!

All Andrew wanted to do was grab George off the cake and put him back on, hence the messy fingers. Because I have been out of commission for the past 2 months I wanted to make sure Andrew got the attention he deserved on his special day and he had a great birthday, goal achieved!

7 comments:

Amy Baker said...

Happy Birthday to Andrew. It looked like a wonderful party. You have such a beautiful family Rachel. I love seeing and hearing about you all. I hope you are feeling better these days.

mandy said...

He is the cutest!! Luke loves Curious George too. Cute cake. Happy Birthday Andrew!

sara and lance syrett said...

cute birthday, hope your starting to feel better. I know it sucks bad.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday andrew!!! wish we could have been there to eat some of those cakes! the pics of andrew are sooooo cute- he is so photogenic. I need to get someone to take some real pics of my kids like that. glad your feeling better rachel! we need to talk soon!!

Mel said...

He is so cute. By the way, how are you feeling???

Me said...

I can't believe he is 2, Rachel! He is such a beautiful little boy. Looks like he had a fun birthday. Our boys like the geo tracks, too but they can't put them together on their own. That is the only bummer with them. and your cake?! GREAT JOB! You just winged it on George's face?? You are awesome. Happy Birthday Andrew!!

Mands Glenn said...

He is one smart little 2 year old. Abc's and numbers. He is so cute, too! Lil is so into Curious George too! Loves him and laughs the whole time while watching his show like 3 times a day. I love the last picture of his fingers in the cake. Priceless. Our little ones need to meet and fall in love. Lil is still a little peanut compared to your big 34 pound boy. Lil loved looking at this post with me and saying, Boy Boy Boy. Miss you, Sista. HOpe you are starting to feel not so preggo sick.