On Saturday, Matt Cardall, Aaron Wins (brother-in-law) and I headed out for a mountain ride. It had been nearly 2 months since I had been out on my bike. It was a perfect day about 70 degrees up on the mountain and NO wind. The reason I haven't been out on my mountain bike in such a long time is because I recently built a road bike (photos will follow in the next blog spot). The great thing about road biking is the convenience of being able to ride right out of your garage instead of having to throw the bike on the car and drive up to the nearest mountain bike trails (about 30 minutes away); however, having said that, road biking has nothing on the amount of fun that mountain biking has to offer.

About a mile into the ride there is a short but STEEP climb that always kills me. This time I was spared the near fatal heart rate jump that this climb usually causes - because as I cranked down at the base of the hill my chain snapped! So, instead of fixing the chain at the bottom of the hill, I decided to walk the bike to the top and fix it there. Here is a picture of my broken bike in the back and Aaron and Matt waiting for me to STOP taking pictures and FIX the chain so we can GET BACK TO RIDING.

Aaron and I stopped for a quick break on some flat ground.

It's hard to remember to take pictures when out riding because it takes time to take off the camel pack grab the camera and shoot. Most of the great parts of this ride are of course not captured, because we are busy riding fast. Here is a quick shot I took of Matt as he drops into this little ravine.

Aaron coming out of the ravine that Matt had just dropped into.

We were about a mile short of finishing our ride and Matt almost rode over this monster (alright it wasn't really a monster). We had to stop to take a picture since I had brought the camera. No one dared to pick it up. Are tarantulas poisonous?? It did have what looked like to be two sharp spikes on its butt that raised and poked out as Matt taunted it with rocks. Double click on this photo to get the full effect.
2 comments:
Ok you guys are so sweet! You didn't have to get us anything! Thank you so much! That dress is SO cute! I love the matching hat and onesie!
You're going to give people nightmares with this stuff, Andy! Creepy! Butt spikes?!? ~Britty
Post a Comment