Friday, December 12, 2008

Andrew tid bits

I feel like it has been forever since I have posted any kind of update on my little man so I thought it was about time.

Where to start....his communication has improved a lot! His vocabulary increases every day and now I really have to pay attention to what I say in front of him, since he tends to repeat everything I say, with the same intonation too. The other day I came home and Blanca had an accident in the house which never happens, so I said "OH MY GOSH!!!" at the sight and smell, and Andrew picked that up right away and says "oh my gosh" to just about everything now.

Andrew LOVES hats, he has a bunch of them, but he will put anything on his head. I've caught him putting his laundry basket on his head and then looks at me and says "hat mama!" in a very excited voice. The other night I told him to go to his room and get in bed and I'd be there in a minute. I walked in and wish I could have gotten a picture of this, he was laying in bed with his Mickey Mouse ears on, he made the effort to get them down off his dresser, put them on correctly with the strap under his chin and all. I couldn't help but laugh. He just really likes hats, he wears a beanie almost everyday since the weather has cooled down. If he is wearing a baseball cap he automatically turns it backwards, I finally realized he probably picked that up from my brother Aaron since Andy never wears hats. He continually cracks me up with his hats.

He has had his alphabet, and numbers down for sometime now but we hadn't really worked on colors, so the other day I ran through the main colors with him once, I had him repeat them to me and point to the correct color and he missed two but got the rest of them right, we did it one more time and he got them all right, so two times is all it took to go over blue, red, yellow, brown, white, black, orange, purple, and green. I couldn't believe how fast he picked it up, and now he tells me the color of everything, and gets so excited while doing so. I love that he realizes the milestones he has reached and is happy with himself.

Andy has taught Andrew two little catch phrases that I think are pretty funny, the first one is " Andrew is a good boy!" the second is "Andrew's perfect!" Those are two things he tells me over and over every day, (thanks Andy...) unfortunately I don't always agree with those statements.

Another interesting little tid bit about Andrew, I have made him obsessed with being clean, I'm always washing his hands, cleaning his face etc...so he has become really good about it, whenever he is done eating, he says "wash hands mama" or "clean face mama" if he has a runny nose he'll walk up to me and say "wash nose mama"and he loves taking baths, if he could take 5 a day he would. That is a little much for me and I prefer 1 bath a day. He will gather whatever toy he wants to take to the bath with him and approach me and say "bath with ball" (for example) and will beg me to give him a bath at the moment with his innocent little "please mama, bath." It's hard to say no when he is so polite about something. But I'm glad he loves being clean.

He's at a really fun age and a testy age too but I love seeing him grow and progress everyday.

5 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

I love this. He is such a smart kid! Numbers and Alphabet. Dang! It's funny how they hear everything and then say everything. I was in the car with Cami awhile ago and she was telling me some juicy story and I was like, " Shut Up" and we get out of the car and Lil was like, " Shut Up" and kept saying it over and over and just laughing. We then busted up laughing too. They are like sponges at this age. I also love that you can just tell him to go to to his bed and he goes. It is always a fight for us. grrr. . . .

Okay, so about going private I just kept having feelings and didn't want to deny them any longer. Jage really wanted us to go private as well. Check on my friends blog:www.ballardbunch.blogspot.com. She just posted about it and I commented! WE loved your B U Tiful Christmas card!

SUZANNE said...

Pretty much was dying when I read about your sweet boy wearing his Mickey ears to bed! SO ADORABLE! I love when you post, always a treat! And, I am so glad you received our card (aren't I sneaky about obtaining your address without you even knowing?!). You guys are now on the list for life! Love ya and Merry Christmas!

Staci Leach said...

I'm so not surprised that he is a clean kid! I'm also surprised that Andy doesn't take him and jump in mud puddles! When he discovers mud you are in trouble!

Scarlet said...

By the way your kid is a smart because Jesse still does not know his alaphabet (not for lack of teaching) and his number go from 4 to 9-10! The only thing he has to make up for it is his spiral football throw!

chanel said...

so sweet.
don't you love brian washing your kids- especially when its to keep them clean! Nicely done.

and having them repeat what you say is always a wonderous experience. :)