Sunday, January 4, 2009

Our Holiday

December has come and gone, and I felt like so much was crammed into a few days because Andy was gone for most of the month for work which doesn't typically happen, this is usually the month he has the most time off but he got back in time for Christmas which was all that mattered. We kept very busy while he was gone which helped the time go by fast. Andrew was so aware of Christmas this year which made it really fun. We got him a Christmas DVD compilation of Rudolph, Santa Claus, and Frosty the Snowman, that definitely helped him become so excited about the holidays. Here are some photos of our holiday activities.

Even though Andrew doesn't look thrilled in this photo, he sure was! My mom and I took him to the magical forest and he couldn't get enough of it. Prior to having kids I never imagined it would be so fun to watch your own child experience fun and see it through their eyes. It is the best! And it's even better to have Nana around who just wants to please Andrew, even if it means letting him ride the carousel two times in a row without getting off when you are supposed to and get back in line, all because Andrew didn't want to get off. I would have been way too conscious of others and made Andrew redo the line, but I suppose that's what grand-ma's are all about.

Andrew has been obsessed with Frosty the Snowman since last year when my friend Joanna gave him the book. We read it to him all year around so this year he was ready to meet Frosty, and he actually asked Frosty for a hug which just made me melt because his little voice is so cute, he was so happy that Frosty hugged him. The Magical Forest is truly "magical" for the little ones, and we had a great time with Andrew there. In fact it was so great that my parents took him back for a new years celebration they did for the kiddos, they even had a ball drop at 9pm with a bunch of balloons, but that will have to be a different post. Moving on...

Christmas Eve is always a celebration for our family, more than Christmas day itself, that's when we do the big dinner etc...my Mom set a beautiful table as always and made an incredible meal!

We opened our Christmas gifts with my parents, brother and Aunt Vicky on Christmas Eve, Peruvian tradition is to wait until midnight to open the gifts, which is what I grew up doing but ever since Andy joined our family, my parents moved the time up to around 8 or 9 since Andy can't keep his eyes open past that hour. Andrew decided to try and sit on all the gifts, he would move from one to another, we had to be careful about some of them, but I thought that was rather odd, rather funny, post worthy I guess?

Andrew knows how to show his gratitude for Christmas gifts, he went and kissed everyone for the gifts. Here he is kissing Papa Guy.

He moved right onto his Nana who gave it right back to him!

We opened our gifts for each other on Christmas and did our own little family celebration which was so fun. We didn't get many photos because we video taped most of it, here is Andrew after going through his stocking, although he got a bunch of hot wheels in the stocking, he is holding up the chocolate treat for the camera, I love how that's what was most appealing to him. I'll have to remember that next year.

One of my most favorite things about Christmas is getting all these beautiful cards from family and friends in the mail, it is great to hear how everyone is doing, see updated photo's etc...This is the only time of year I check the mail everyday, otherwise it's like every 2 weeks! We are blessed to know such great people, and thank you for thinking of us this holiday season!

2 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

One. . . your Mom is gorgeous. I'm so jealous you get here all the time. What a blessing. I love the picture of your little guy enjoying the holidays. It's so fun when they are aware and can point out every snowman or santa they see. I love his stylish cute hat on the horsie ride.

I love Christmas cards too! I totally found ours on your board. ha! I'm so sad the holidays are over. Back to reality. . blah!

Scarlet said...

How fun and I love your family!