Here is a little more detail to the arrival of baby Talia (pronounced
Tah-
lia). I had a scheduled induction on Sunday March 8
th at 8pm. I sat around for 2 hours before they started anything so it wasn't until a little after 10pm that we got the process rolling. I was still
dialated at a 5 when I got in but knew that the process would go fast for me. They started me on
pitosin, got me my epidural and then broke my water. The epidural didn't exactly work and I let them know immediately because I wasn't about to deliver a baby without one. I went through 5-6 extremely painful contractions until the Anesthesiologist got back in to fix my epidural. That was the worst part of the delivery but aside from that...and this is going to sound bad, it was so easy! 3 hours, and 3 pushes is all it was. Andrew's delivery was a nightmare in comparison. I couldn't believe how fast everything went. It didn't even seem real. I feel like I only pushed twice because the first time I was still trying to figure out the breathing. I felt so blessed to have such a good delivery, and figured that was my break in this entire pregnancy since I was so sick for most of it. Here are some photos for the record.

I took this right before leaving to the hospital to get the belly shot that I avoided most of this pregnancy.

Here she is weighing 7lbs 8
oz's and not too happy to be on that scale!

I love how happy and proud Andy looks in this photo.

For a moment here I thought she had curly hair but now it's straight.

This picture isn't exactly cute but unfortunately it is one of the only ones with Andrew in it. He was so excited to meet his baby sister, and this doesn't portray that since he is eating french fries but he was thrilled and had the biggest smile on his face when he saw her, I wish we could have gotten it on camera. He loves her so much and can't get enough of her, he is obsessed with her and I actually hope it wears off because all he wants to do is hold her, touch her hair, count her toes, try and climb into her crib with her...yes he is slightly excited!

Talia is a little darker than Andrew was when he was born, she'll most likely lighten up like her brother did but I love how dark she is right now and her full head of black hair.

Here she is in Nana's arms, as you can see my mom is thrilled with her new grand daughter!

I was dying to leave the hospital. I hate staying there because of all the interruptions of people coming in and out of the room at all hours etc... But my overall experience at Mountain View was very good. I'm glad to be home now and can't wait to continue updating on our newest addition to the family. She is an absolute jewel and I love her so much! The happiness I feel right now is undescribable! I feel like we have a full blown family and it is great!
13 comments:
Hooray- what a cutie! Everything looked good until I saw her picture in the car seat..... she looks like a doll (way too small). It is funny how fast you forget about them being so small. I am happy that everything went well. She is gorgeous!
Little Talia reminds me of Skylar when she was a new born. Dark with black hair. Sooooo cute. Glad it went so well for you!!
Did you really just have a baby... cause you certainly don't look like it!!!
Congratulations you gorgeous girl! I'm so happy everything went so well. Baby Tahlia is a doll baby. So precious and sweet. Please post lots more pics!!!
Yea, congratulations again. I'm glad you had such a wonderful delivery. Baby Talia is gorgeous!
My 2nd was easy also. So happy that you had a good experience! You look beautiful and so does she! If she ends up with curly hair when it is wet, I've got a few tricks to keep it curly (if you are interested) Great Job!
Congrats to you, she is so cute. Dont you just love having that hair, its my favorite part. She looks like you I think. Give me a call sometime when you get a chance, I understand how overwhelming it can be. I think its pretty cool that our babies were born only a day apart.
oh this brings tears to eyes! what a wonderful story- i swear swainston makes these babies come out so easy! missed him!
yay for andrew being so excited! and for the record you look so AMAZING! I love that you wore a pink jump suit to have your GIRL! what a proud papa too! you have a perfect family!!! so happy for you.
I've got to say seeing your beautiful little baby makes me want one more...my babies are almost 11,9,7,& 5. It goes by so quickly! Congratulations.
Congrats!! BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Rachel! She's beautiful and I hope I get to meet her someday. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Congratulations! She is gorgeous. So happy for your cute family.
I know I've said it before...but she really is beautiful and you look GREAT!!
Post a Comment