Sunday afternoon we decided to escape the heat and head up to Mt. Charleston which is basically in our backyard. We left the 101 degrees and got to enjoy the mid 60 degree weather, I was even cold! We packed up some food to eat for dinner up there, took some camping chairs and a beach chair for Andrew and really had a good time.
One thing Andrew loves to do is point out the mountains whenever we are driving around so actually going to "the mountains" was a treat for him. It's so weird to live in a desert and have Mt. Charleston so close, such extremes, you'd think you were in Utah or something, well Utah is much prettier but you know what I mean.
We really enjoyed our little family outing, and its times like these that I'm never going to forget.


Andrew making faces at the camera

Here we are trying to eat, you have to love that we have my beach chair for Andrew up in the mountains!

Andrew loved jumping on tree stumps, logs, and running free and yelling as he is in this photo.

Here is my sweetheart husband/best dad ever!

Can't leave out the little girl, she was all cozy in her car seat but wanted to be part of the action, she kept making sounds, moving her blanket, and let us know that she was there.

Andy and Andrew spent the majority of the time climbing on logs, climbing "the mountain," picking
pine cones, and just running around exploring. Here is Andrew trying to throw a football to his dad, he is getting better at throwing the ball but still needs some work.
This turned out to be a great Sunday activity for our family, sometimes I wish I could just freeze time and keep my babies as babies and live in this happy moment forever.
5 comments:
wow what a fabulous day. you're so sweet- i know exactly that feeling of wanting to freeze time!
it just gets more & more fun though, i promise. these are just precious moments & you cherish them so well!!!!
love ya!
Cute pictures. It looks like it was a fun outing for your family. It's fun to get out and do things like that together.
AHhh looked like so much fun. I need one of those day trips. Maybe I will talk Jordan into it. Looked like a blast! I love your cute cute family. I just wish we lived closer so we could do playdates and double dates with you guys. So glad we have the blogging world. You are such a Hot Mom, Chel.
Ohh and I'm loving Enrique on your music playlist. Reminds me of dancing with you at W.P.
You took some great pics, especially of little Andrew! :) What a great escape.
And I know what you mean about the mountains and the Utah mountains. When I first moved to Vegas and I would tell people I missed the mountains, they would tell me to visit Mount Charleston. But the first time I went I thought it was a cruel joke. Where was the water? Where were the streams and the quaking aspens and the leaves and the deep green? But I have grown to appreciate the beauty that is Mount Charleston. I'm glad there is some escape from the desert!
Now that reminds me that we should go do something fun like that! Where is that grassy area though? I'm not sure I've ever seen grass at Mt. Charlie. Cute pics too!
Post a Comment