Wednesday, November 11, 2009

pee wee tennis

I always wondered what Andrew's first class would be, whether pre-school or some sort of sport, I never knew what I would put him in. So here you have it, tennis beat everything else out!
When my girlfriend Ashley told me about this pee wee tennis class at the Darling Center, I knew I had to put Andrew in it with her girls. Just the thought of seeing Andrew on the court got me so excited. I would rather watch tennis than soccer any day. Andy felt that I was more excited about suiting him up in his Adidas track suit and puma sneakers, and there might be some truth to that, but really I was thrilled to enroll him in tennis. I went out and bought him the smallest racquet out there, a Wilson 19in Sponge Bob one...how cool is that? Andrew was the youngest in the class that ranged from 3-6 year olds, but he loved tennis! It helped with coordination, listening skills, taught him his right hand from his left, and was just fun for him to run around the court with other kids. We don't have many pictures because it was hard to get good ones from how far back we were so all I have are two pics posted below. Once the weather gets warmer I'll enroll him again and get more pics then.


warming up with jumping jacks


Andrew waiting in line to hit the ball, and as you can see he was more concerned with the other kids than hitting the ball. Pretty typical for a 3 year old. Can't wait to get him back in come spring.

5 comments:

SUZANNE said...

Now that is precious!
Loving Andrew's snazzy little suit as well!

Cardalls said...

Awesome! We bought racquets for the kids and they still haven't seen the vision. They would rather run on the track while Seth and I hit balls.

Amy Baker said...

Very cute and fun. Makes me want to get out and play tennis.

Mands Glenn said...

OHhh I love it! I want Lil to get it a class like that. Looks like so much fun to watch. GO ANDREW!

The Morris Fam said...

Too cute! I love that he loves his tennis class... especially since you and Andy are SO into the tennis thing too!