My baby girl turned 9 months old yesterday! Her stats are as follows:
18.9 lbs 50th percentile for weight
27 in long 50th percentile for height
She used to be in the 75th percentile for weight so her Doctor wasn't thrilled about the drop but she is happy and not complaining about being hungry so I think we are okay, and she still looks pleasantly plump.
It is pretty amazing to see how much a month can do. Talia now refers to me as Mama on purpose, everytime she needs rescued or wants me, she calls out "mama," I love it. When I didn't rescue her immediately from her pack and play last night she called out Dada for the first time on purpose. She is learning quick!
She is back to being okay with her crib and takes her pacifier again. Whatever phase she went through a month ago is over, thank goodness!
Talia is very loud, she loves to test her vocal skills with shrieks and screams, grunts and snorts, laughter etc...Looking at her you wouldn't think her little body could project such loud sounds, but she can.
She rocks back and forth on all fours but still can't crawl forward, only backwards, yet she manages to get to her destination just fine. She is very good at bringing herself to a sitting position from laying down and has pretty much mastered that. She loves playing with Andrew's toys and isn't as interested in her baby toys. This is starting to be a bit of an obstacle since Andrew doesn't want Talia "ruining" his toys. Andrew has been really good about giving Talia one of her toys in place of his when he wants his toy back. I hope he keeps it up.
We've been working on waving hello/goodbye, she can do the hand motion but doesn't get the part of raising her arm in the air to do it. She just likes staring at her fingers while they open and close. She has become a lot better with her finger coordination and can pick up the small gerber puff snacks and get them into her tiny mouth. In fact this is one of the best ways to keep her busy and calm at the same time. She loves music, she bopps her head to music if she likes the song and she also quiets down with soft music when fussy. She HATES her car seat so music is a must to keep her happy. She continues to eat good, and is regularly liking squash, sweet potato, carrots, green beans, rice cereal, and puff snacks. I recently introduced mangos to her and she LOVES those too. Andy keeps trying to get me to feed her pea's but I won't because I hate pea's and can't imagine doing that to her!
I'm sad that she is growing up so fast. I squeeze her everyday and love holding her knowing that this time will never repeat itself again. Talia is a joy for all of us. We love her so much!










4 comments:
I swear she was just born! I can't believe she is 9 months old already. She is such a beauty and I can see what a joy she is in your lives.:)
She's darling. I love her big eyes. I'm so glad Andrew shares with her. We never had problems with toys until Luke started having an opinion as to which toy he was playing with. Good luck! By far one of the biggest challenges when there is more than 1 kiddo around. We're still working on it. We end up with a lot of toys in "time out."
Oh my gosh I want to squeeze her!!
She is beautiful, just like her Mama! Oh, and don't worry about the whole drop in weight thing, Babies always do that once the start to become Mobile! My kids drop down to the 7th-15th percentile at 9 months till about 2 yrs old. You are doing GREAT and so is she!
Post a Comment