Tuesday, January 12, 2010

10 months old


On January 9th, Talia turned 10 months old. I can't believe how fast she has grown. She started crawling right after I posted her 9 month update saying she was almost there...well like the next day she began to crawl and now she is super fast.  She has lost a lot of her chubbiness due to all the crawling. She is still pretty round but not nearly as round as before.
She has mastered pulling herself up to a standing position and being able to sit back down, in fact she is so excited about this accomplishment that she wants to practice doing it all day and night, and we have had some issues with getting her to bed. I'm waiting for this excitement to wear off so she can go back to normal. I remember Andrew being the same way though so at least I know this is temporary.
She loves playing with toys, especially Andrew's toys. She enjoys pulling herself up to the play kitchen we got for her and Andrew for Christmas, banging the little pots and pans, playing with the food, playing with Andrew's train sets, and playing with water bottles.
With all her movement she has gained more of an appetite and is now downing 2 of the level 2 gerber containers per feeding. She has 2 teeth and any day her top one is going to pop through, I can see it coming so lets just say she has 3 teeth.
Whenever I have been gone for a while and come home she crawls as fast as she can to me with a huge smile, and I of course melt. I love this little girl.
We talk to each other in shrieks and little screams, I mimic her sounds and we go back and forth for a while so I call it a conversation. This is a very fun game for her. I catch Andy doing it every once in a while too.
She is finally enjoying books more, Brown Bear Brown Bear especially. Andrew loved books from day one so I thought she would too (wrong) so I'm really happy about that.
She called "mama" from her crib for the first time...she know's I'm mama and has been calling me that for a while but never from the crib to come and get her out, I loved it!
She is very interested in Chica and Blanca and likes to follow them around and reach for them, and they are so good with her.
We love  you Talia!!!

5 comments:

mcewen16 said...

We love her, too! We're so glad you came to visit for Christmas. It was a blast to see you all, especially with as much as Talia's changed. Happy 10-Month Birthday, Talia!

Anonymous said...

what a CUTIE PIE!!! Really 10 months! Boy time has flown by!!!

Lambeth Family said...

She can get bigger, as long as those cheeks stay in tact!

chanel said...

she's awesome! holy moly does she look like you too! hearing mama from the crib is melt your heart wonderful!!! what a dolly!

Mands Glenn said...

Love that face. There is nothing sweeter than when you hear your childs voice yell out MAMA! I miss you friend