Thursday, March 18, 2010

Talia's birthday

We had a little birthday party for Talia and she had a blast! It was so much fun to see her soak up all the attention! Andrew helped me put up decorations for her, and I think he was the most excited about Talia's birthday. He kept telling me we had to get her a cake, balloons, presents, a candle... you know, the necessities. I'm glad he was my constant reminder.
My girlfriend Tara made her the most adorable birthday outfit ! It was truly the perfect touch for her special day. I had the house very colorful and wish I would have taken more pictures. It was a butterfly themed birthday. We had some cute butterflies hanging from the ceiling, butterfly balloons, paper plates, napkins, cups etc...
We decided to get out the jump house for Talia, and it is still out over a week later b/c the kids are obsessed with jumping in it. My mom helped me make a delicious dinner and the night was perfect! Here are a ton of pictures from her birthday.
My friend Laura let me use this really cute cake pan that had a butterfly, bee, lady bug, and fire fly in it. They were really fun! It took me a long time to frost, though. I have a new appreciation for those who like to bake!
No hesitation whatsoever...she went right for the cake and loved it!
Talia really enjoyed opening up her gifts, she was especially excited about this baby doll and stroller from Nana and Papa Guy.
Looks like she'll be getting her ears pierced too, she got spoiled from Nana and Papa Guy this year. I think it's their goal to get her hooked on jewels at an early age :)
Talia ended the night in her jump house. As you can see she was filled with excitement. I'm so glad she enjoyed her special day! She got some fun girly toys, very cute clothes, books...everything to make a 1 year old smile.Turning one is a big deal and although she won't remember it, I want her to have the pictures to know how happy we were with her on this 1st birthday.

4 comments:

SUZANNE said...

What a little beauty! What a cute first birthday party! And what a DARLING little outfit!

Anonymous said...

Was searching for my GF's blog with a similiar title and came across your post about possibly having your 1 yr dd's ears pierced now. Hope you don't mind me writing you, but the same thing happened at our 1 year's B'day.

Our dd received a nice pair of pearl earrings w/screwbacks from my MIL. After holding them up to her ears, I was hooked since she looked soo pretty.

I asked our ped and she encouraged me to go ahead when mom could care for them, she wouldn't remember and would be cooperative so they were perfectly centered on the ear lobe.

I'd say if your're thinking about it, then your mommy intuition is telling you now is a good time and earlier is better when you can care for them and she'll never remember or play with them during the healing process.


Our ped gave us some suggestions for moms having their dd's ears pierced.

If you or any moms would like our ped's tips, then write me an e-mail and I'll send them to you.

Amy
amyswor@hotmail.com

chanel said...

oh my gosh that outfit is just DARLING- perfect for such a CUTIE! Look how HAPPY she is!!! It looks like such a nice and happy 1st birthday, you guys are so fun!!!! How much fun would we have if I still lived there- it would be one party after another, good times. Honestly I think her first year went faster than Bay's, HOW IS SHE ONE????? She is just beautiful and sooooo smart, love it and LOVE LOVE LOVE reading your love for her!

Mands Glenn said...

Oh my gosh I love her. What a happy little chick. Looked like the perfect 1st birthday. I think strollers are the best gifts for 1 year old little girls. So sweet! I love her little leggings.