Last week was a busy one, starting with my birthday, then Andy's century ride, then off to California to take the kids to Disneyland and San Diego Zoo...all in 6 days! We have finally recovered from being on the go go go. I have posted an overload of pictures from all the fun that we have had.
Celebrating the BIG 3-0!On April 8th I turned 30! UGhhhh, the dreaded 30! That is one age I never wanted to turn but it has happened. My good friend Scarlet gave me some great consulation...I had a wonderful 20's! She said that would make it easier for me to accept my 30th birthday and she was right! I took a lot of big steps in my 20's I graduated from BYU, I married Andy, we bought our first home, and 2nd home, I got my first "real" job, I traveled all through Europe multiple times, and to South America, I had two beautiful children, and so much more! I feel like I accomplished a lot this past decade and paved the way for what is to come, and that makes me happy.
So with that said, Andy threw me a little birthday dinner at Shish Kabob House with friends and family, and it was great! If you like Mediterranean food, you MUST try Shish Kabob House which is located on W Flamingo Rd between Rainbow and Torrey Pines on the N side of the road. It is amazing! The chicken and steak kabobs are delicious and very reasonably priced! You won't be dissapointed so go and try it out!
TOUR DE CURE CENTURY RIDE
Being that Andy sells insulin and loves to ride his bike, the Tour De Cure was a perfect century for him to participate in since it was for Diabetes. He did the ride with his friend Ben and they did awesome considering the head wind they experienced for all but the last 7 miles of the ride. I hung out with the kids and Aaron to watch Andy go through the finish line. Andrew was super excited everytime a cyclist came through and clapped for everyone. He was waiting and ready to yell "Go Dada!" but of course he had to go to the bathroom and we barely missed Andy as he came through, luckily Aaron and Talia got to see him.
I took a lot of pics of the kids while we hung out waiting in the wind (notice the crazy hair)
Andrew found a stick to amuse himself with and poke Talia with, and I had to get a pic of her crawling b/c her legs are to die for!
Andrew did a lot of running while we waited
Andy finishing up the ride
Andy and Ben through the finish line, I'm so glad I left the camera with Aaron so he could get a few shots.
Ben, Talia and Andy
DISNEYLAND
Can you see the excitement in Andrew's face??
We met up with our good friends Matt and Jen and their cute kids and spent the day with them at Disneyland. It was so nice having them there to guide us around. We went on the most perfect day, (a Tuesday) and hardly waited in line, the longest wait was 10 minutes long. It was so nice having the park to ourselves because last time I was there that wasn't the case. The kids did awesome, we didn't leave the park till after 8pm and not a single melt down, it really was incredible.
Andrew and Reese, his new little buddy waiting in line...
The next thing I knew they were holding hands!!!
dancing at the parade
From this picture you would think they were in a relationship! It was really cute seeing them get along so well though.
Matt and Andy
I love seeing Andy walk with the kids
As we walked out of the park through downtown disney we let the kids go to build a bear...as if disneyland wasn't enough!
There is something so addictive about spoiling your kids when you take them to disneyland, you just want them to have it all so at this point letting them "build a bear" seemed like the icing on the cake. We had such a great time.I loved seeing Andrew and Talia in awe...these will be very sweet memories.
SAN DIEGO ZOO
One would think that after an entire day of walking at Disneyland we would be dead...well we kind of were but still decided last minute to go to the San Diego Zoo. I'm glad we did. Sometimes spur of the moment decisions make things really fun and exciting and I'd have to say in this instance it did! I was feeling like the fun never stopped!
I never realized how big the zoo was so we took advantage of the various transport systems they had and pretty much saw everything, along with walking of course. Andrew and Talia were in heaven seeing all the animals. Talia would start screaming of excitement the minute she spot any animal and people didn't know if it was a monkey making sounds or Talia! It was so much fun!!!! Again I've posted a ton of pics. If you haven't gone to the San Diego zoo make sure and put it on your "to do" list, it's a definite must!
I loved getting this profile shot on the bus tour of Andy and Talia obsesrving the animals
Seeing all these animals made me realize we are such animal lovers b/c we enjoyed every minute!
Andrew's favorite part of the zoo was Mary the Elephant. We were there forever, watching her eat, drink, make sounds etc...he didn't want to leave. He can't stop talking about Mary. It is so fun to see what your kids pick out as the highlight of the trip and whether or not your thoughts align. I think in this case my thoughts were right there with Andrew, the Elephant exhibit was amazing! What a fun packed week we had.




























7 comments:
My goodness!!! Talk about a busy week!!! I'm loving the tutu!!! By the way I saw you on rides with Talia, we're going to Disney World in June and this is what I was worried about...was she able to go on most of the kiddie rides??
What an amazing adventure. That post was so enjoyable to read. I felt like I was there!!
I've decided that Talia is sooo cute that she needs to be in a baby magazine, or a gap commercial.
Happy 30th girl. I love your outlook on it. Wow, 20's were pretty sweet for me too. You look amazing and haven't changed one bit, seriously. You are going to be ageless like your Gorgeous Mama. I love Talia and her chubby leggies. She is a doll face. I swear Cami's Grace and her look so much alike. Are you on Cami's private blog list? Was that my job to tell her to add you? Sorry!
SO many adorable photos of the kiddos...and your hot, 30 looking self! Happy Birthday to you! I too was dreading the 30's, but it's already been 30 times better than my 20's!! Love ya girl, and ONE DAY we will get together!
happy birthday!!!!! and HOW FUN! you guys know how to live it up!!!
these pictures are soooo cute! oh how i love disney, it is the best, the kids are so happy and its all magical. the mickey ears are awesome.
Rachel your family is soooo darling! I just love reading your blog. I am so thankful your family moved by us when we were young. I cherish our memories and friendship.
Happy Belated Birthday Rachel! Your little girl is precious and I just loved seeing all the pics of the family! Hope all is well!
Post a Comment