Monday, May 10, 2010

24 hours of fun

This past weekend Andy and I took a quick road trip up to Utah for his friend Reed's wedding. They were roommates back in 1995 and have been friends ever since. Since our schedules are always crazy busy we couldn't make a weekend out of it and could only leave late Saturday morning after Andy finsihed a 25 mile bike ride with his Scouts. We didn't realize at the time that we would be pushing it to get there by 5pm for the wedding since we lose an hour going to Utah, but we made it to La Caille (in Sandy) at 5:05pm, sat down and watched the bride and groom go down the isle.
Because of the 24 turn around we decided to leave the kids for the first time ever with my parents. I can't even recall the last time Andy and I were able to talk uninterruptedly, not worry about the kids schedules, and just be able to catch up on our thoughts, goals, lives etc...IT WAS GREAT! What was even more wonderful was going to this insanely beautiful wedding with my husband, my date :), all dressed up, enjoying a delicious dinner with old friends, watching all sorts of crazy dancers, and laughing the night away. Such a fun night!!! I'm so glad we made the effort to go. It really was the most beautiful wedding I have ever been to! Unfortunately since we left Vegas in such a rush I forgot my camera and only got a few pics with my iphone which don't show how gorgeous this wedding was.  
Me and My Love
Reed and Andy
Congratulations Reed and Ashley!!! We were so happy to be part of your special day!
Sunday morning I wanted to rush back to Vegas to spend Mother's day with my kids, and my sweet Andy made one stop before we hit the road and started my Mothers day off with a special treat...a HUGE cup of freshly sliced mangos. 3 Mangos fit into this cup to give you an idea of how big it was. I love mangos, and I love my man!

2 comments:

mcewen16 said...

So cute, you guys! I'm glad you got to have a brief, if hectic, moment to yourselves. Can't wait to see you in a couple months! I got work off! Yay!

The J J Glenn Family said...

That sounded like the perfect weekend. SO fun and so spontaneous. Love it! Those mangoes are calling my name right now. So yummy!