Sunday, February 13, 2011

birthdays=busy

Every year from mid Jan to mid Feb we celebrate tons of birthdays, both my family and friends. It is coming to an end, and although it has been fun I'm a bit relieved to be done with all of it. We have celebrated 9 birthdays in a months time and I'm looking forward to having no plans for the next little bit.

I always have a hard time with thinking of gifts for my parents and one lovely Saturday morning I was driving on the 215 and saw a billboard for Julio Iglesias at the Green Valley Ranch. I knew I had to get tickets to the concert for their birthdays. Growing up, my household was quite different from most American households. I'm sure a lot of you grew up listening  to Neil Diamond, Paul Simon, or even the Beach Boys, while I grew up listening to Julio Iglesias.  I could probably still sing all of his songs, that is how well I know his music since my parents played it constantly. So knowing how much my parents love Julio and that they have NEVER seen him in concert I had to get them tickets and it was the most perfect gift to date in my opinion. It was one of those gifts that I couldn't wait to give them and I haven't had one of those gifts in a long time.
The Man himself...Julio Iglesias! (in his younger days) My parents loved the concert!

Andrew loves his Nana more than life itself and when I told him it was Nana's birthday he insisted that we buy her a "princess cake." I told him I wasn't sure where to buy a "princess cake" and he responded right away with confidence...Costco Mama. He told me he had seen them there and that we had to go and buy Nana one right away,  so we did. I thought it was pretty cute that he was so persistent about this type of cake for his Nana. She thought it was very special too. 

I made dinner for my Mom on her birthday, lemon herb chicken, roasted potatos, and a caesar salad, it was pretty good considering Andy and I worked all day and had to throw it together fast. It was nice to kick back with the family. Here Andrew is watching Nana blow out her candles on her very special "princess cake."

Last year for my Dad's birthday we ordred PF Changs to go and it was perfect so we did a repeat of that this year. We have become huge fans of take out b/c of Talia. We ended up  combining both Aaron and my Dad's bday due to Aaron having a bad cold, then all of us getting it. The timing of everything got a little messed up but in the end  it worked out just fine. Here is Aaron blowing out the candles on his red velvet cake...of all the birthdays we celebrated I only got a few pics which I have posted. I'm so disappointed in myself for not taking more pictures! Now I have to start preparing myself for Talia's 2nd birthday...i've got a little less than a month. wish me luck!

2 comments:

chanel said...

that cake is precious! what a sweet boy andrew is! im tired just thinking of all the celebrating!

SUZANNE said...

Oh my gosh, that princess cake thing is beyond adorable!! That little Andrew! And I can't wait to see what cuteness you whip up for Talia's #2! I remember when you were pregnant with her and suggesting names to you! And hey, if you by chance want to do a Beatles themed party for her (pics + deets on my blog), I've have one all designed and ready! HAHA! I'm pretty sure a pink frilly princess party would be more up her alley though! :) Miss you!