I have been meaning to blog for a while now. Especially about my little Talia who turned 2 over a month ago now. At every birthday I like giving updates on my babies.
Talia...where to even begin. She is quite the personality, and cracks me up daily. For example: A few weeks ago we were at the gap and I was at the register checking out, she was right next to me but managed to wonder off, when I went to look for her, she was in the back of the store, sitting on the floor with her shoes off, and was trying on some hot pink sandals. I love knowing that my 2 year old girl has a love for shoes at such a young age. I can always find her wearing someone elses shoes around the house too. She enjoys trying just about anything on. This would make one think she is very girly but that's about the only "girly" thing about her. She is around Andrew all the time so she likes doing boy things. She plays with cars, trains, planes, soccer balls, basket balls, bikes, and doesn't care for her baby dolls. Her newest thing is getting in a karate type pose with her hands positioned to fight and yells "Hiiii Yahhh!" Andrew has been succesful at teaching her to be a NINJA as he would say. I need to get it on video b/c it is hilarious.
She is extremely active, Talia could climb a mountain if she wanted to. She can reach things that she wants very easily, she moves chairs arounds, climbs up on those, then onto tables and counters, and gets whatever it is she wants. She is very determined. I have to watch her 24/7 b/c nothing stops her, and she has no fear. She runs fast, and is super quick on her tricycle. She flies down the street quicker than Andrew on his bike. She is a thrill seeker to say the least.
Talia is an extremely picky eater, this is really hard for me b/c Andrew is the best eater in the world. He is so healthy and will eat anything I give him but Talia would rather go hungry than eat a vegetable. She won't eat chicken, meat, or anything with protein either. She loves candy, and cookies, and anything sweet. She will even go after cough drops b/c she thinks they are candy and although they don't taste as good, it is just the thought of unwrapping it like candy that intrigues her. She does eat fruit and yogurt but rarely any hot food. I can occasionaly get her to eat maccaroni and cheese, pizza, a mozzerlla stick, peanut butter and jelly but she even goes through fazes with those foods and likes them one day and not the other. I sure hope this changes soon b/c it is tough.
Proof of the candy...her mouth is filled with robin eggs. With Easter being around the corner she is in heaven with all the "treats." She will throw tantrums over not getting candy. I took her to the dentist right when she turned two in fear of cavities b/c of her sweet tooth but he said her teeth looked great. It's a good thing she loves brushing her teeth as much as she loves candy. She asks me to brush her teeth daily. Probably b/c she likes the sweet toothpaste :)
Talia enjoys watching videos on my iphone. There are a lot of videos on youtube that amuse her. She loves Elmo so we are often getting on youtube to watch clips of Elmo. She loves this one in particular and thinks it is really funny. http://youtu.be/Jc20vMz0V7Q and the minute we watch one she starts telling me every other one she wants to watch. She has started talking a lot. Even though she talks a ton she probably wouldn't be understood by most yet. I of course understand her but a parent always understands what their kids are saying. She has got to be up to 100 words or so but that is also b/c she repeats everything. She has gotten very good at saying prayers and blessing the food. When we ask her to pray she never says no. Another thing that I love with her talking so much is she constantly walks up to me with open arms and says "hug mama" and then says "I love you." It is the sweetest thing. She is very into expressing her love and I'll take it any day of the week. Now as sweet as that seems she is also quick to yell and tell you "no" or "don't do that" or "that's mine," the lovely things they learn so young when they have an older sibling. It's okay though b/c Talia does look up to Andrew and has fun playing with him. They are finally at a point where they can really play. They love chasing each other around in the back yard, riding on their bikes, reading stories, coloring, and playing hide and seek. Oh the hide and seek, it has to be her favorite game ever. Lucky me gets to play hide and seek daily and so does Andy.
Talia loves our dogs, every morning she comes downstairs and the first thing she says is "good morning Chica, and good morning Blanca." She loves taking them on walks and tries to hold their leashes. She also tries sitting on them like they are horses and wants them to take her for a ride, unfortunately for her they aren't fond of that. They are good girls though and put up with a lot.
Talia has a blankie that she can't live without, since she was little she started calling it her "witchey" and she can't go to bed without it, nap without it, or leave it behind. This blankie is beautiful and I hate seeing it get worn and torn since it is one of those that should probably be used for decorative purposes. On numerous occasions I have tried to put her down for a nap without it and just when I think she is going to fall asleep she pops up and asks for her "witchey." I better never lose this prized possesion of hers. Speaking of sleep, Talia is in a full size bed. She has been in it for a few months now. We had her crib and the full sized bed in her room for a while during the transition but the crib has officially been put away. It is funny seeing her tiny body in this huge bed but she loves it. She is growing up quick. I have tried to get her intersted in going potty but she doesn't care to yet. I know she could do it if she wanted to but she is just being stubborn.
My little Talia does not like people she doesn't know. She pretty much screams if someone is in our house that she doesn't recognize. She won't look at the person, she just closes her eyes. It is kind of sad but funny at the same time since closing her eyes is her way of ignoring someone. We've had a few people stay with us and eating breakfast is always interesting b/c if this "new visitor" is eating with us Talia sits in her high chair with her eyes closed as she refuses to look at the person and if breakfast takes longer than normal she'll just start crying. She has a hard time warming up to people she doesn't know but once she is comfortable with you, watch out she will never leave you alone.
Lastly Talia loves parks. She can spot them a mile away and yells "YAY...PARK!!!" It is very cute to hear her say "YAY" about the stuff she loves. Her smile makes my day. She has the pearliest white teeth too so her smile is extra bright. I love this little girl so much. She can be a tornado at times but her smiling face, hugs, and kissses makes her tornado ways seem like nothing. She is a joy to have!









3 comments:
Talia is sooo beautiful. My little taylor's looks reminds me a lot of her. Crazy she is two.
how precious is she?!?!?!?! oh my goodness... i could squeeze that sweet little face all day! u have adorable children! happy birthday big girl!
how precious is she?!?!?!?! oh my goodness... i could squeeze that sweet little face all day! u have adorable children! happy birthday big girl!
Post a Comment