Sunday, May 1, 2011

disneyland spring break

We took a last minute trip to California to take the kids to Disneyland over spring break. It was a quick and very short trip but totally worth it. I've decided that we aren't very good planners and kind of fly by the seat of our pants but right now that's whats working for us. The kids had a blast and Talia did so much better than I thought she would. I was worried about her not wanting to wait in lines, but she got the hang of it quickly. We knew it would be crowded going over spring break, and it was, but not as bad as I thought it would be. The longest we waited in line was 30 minutes, and we pretty much rode every ride they were able to. I always enjoy seeing the excitement in my little ones at disneyland. Their eyes say it all.

 Here is Andrew ready and anxious to get in line for small world

Thrilled! 


I actually think my kids enjoyed Tom Sawyers Island more than any ride this time. They ran and played and didn't want to do anything else for a while. Lucky for me Andy had to do most of the running and chasing and I got to take pictures! 

Now my kids want a tree house at home after seeing this.

                                          Wanting to be the first to explore just about everything


 The caves were the hit!

 At last...the treasure!

Andrew picked out a light up Buzz for his gift this time around. All Talia wanted was a Mickey Ears balloon, every time she saw one she would yell "Talia's balloon!"  I figured I had better make one hers.

 Very happy that she got her balloon. Talia is still at that simple age where a balloon is worth more than a toy :)

Whenever we are in Newport we always go to the Fashion Island so the kids can see the fish. Andrew remembers previous trips and specifically asks us to go.

Nothing like trying to touch the water in a fountain. My kids always love getting wet!

Our last day there we went to Huntington and thought riding that bike looked like so much fun, but we learned the hard way that  looks can be deceiving. This was a beast to pedal and it was so windy so the kids kept asking to get off since they were getting hit hard with the wind up front. They rent it for an hour at minimum, and 5 minutes into it we knew we didn't want to keep doing this. So next time you see one of these cool looking bikes...don't be fooled. No fun. Promise.


We ended our trip with lunch at Wahoo's which we always enjoy. It was a really fun quick trip, and we left exhausted. When you only spend 1 day at disneyland I think that always happens. Too much to do in one day, but 100% worth it. I'm glad we were able to make it happen.

3 comments:

chanel said...

awww, soooo GREAT! Ya know, we have NEVER done Tom Sawyers Isalnd. I had no idea what was over there, guess we better start planning our next trip- who am i kidding, its already in the works- i think we were planning our next trip while still in Florida! Disneyland is WAY better than Disney WOrld, plus we're dieing for Cars Land to open in 2012- so thats when we're hitting it up. ANYWAY... LOVE how you fly by your pants, thats what makes life FUN.
Thanks for sharing- i love reading yourblog!!!

Jaime Lynne said...

The first pic of Andrew with the Mickey ears is my favorite! What a great family vacation.

Cardalls said...

Fun trip! Seth is planning on braving a trip alone with the 2 kiddos this summer right after I have the baby. I think they'll do Legoland and maybe Disneyland. I don't know if he knows what he is in for. :) Don't tell him!