Friday, February 1, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinkley

I have read several friends posts in regards to the passing of the President of our Church, Gordon B. Hinkley. I have been touched by what you have said, and the feelings you have shared about President Hinkley, particularly his leadership in this church, all the good he has brought to this world, his great sense of humor, and the exemplary life he lived. I feel exactly the same way, and have bitter-sweet feelings as I will truly miss him yet know he is in a better place. I will never forget a devotional I attended while at BYU where he spoke, I will always remember the special feeling that overcame me as he entered the room. He brought a magnificent spirit with him that was evident to everyone in attendance. I feel so blessed to have had President Hinkley in my life. A good friend Jeff Thomas shared this link with me on Glen Beck's thoughts of Gordon B. Hinkley. I really enjoyed it. Hope you do to.
http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/200/5127/

4 comments:

nickel... said...

I believe I was in that devotional with you at BYU and I remember that same incredible Spirit that filled that entire auditorium the moment he entered. It was incredible.
And I really liked the Glenn Beck clip too!

I like you to Rachel! :)

nickel... said...

p.s. I could never get that link to Evan's blog to work and I was so bummed. Would you mind sending to me again? :)

sara and lance syrett said...

I agree with you, he was a great man, but now he is with his sweetheart, so how could I be sad. Oh by the way, you have been bag tagged, check out my blog for the rules.

sara and lance syrett said...

Hey I agree about corbyn looking more like me, I did blakes and it said he looked more like lance, but if you see my pics at his age we are identical, other than me being a girl. He is all slater