Blanca is a sweet, noble, humble, playful, insecure, and loving little girl. We rescued her when she was about 1 year and half. A neighbor down the street knew that we had Chica and liked Boxers so he approached me one evening while I was in my driveway and said he had recently gone through a divorce, was extremely depressed and wasn't caring for Blanca like he should, in fact he admitted to forgetting to feed her and that she had become extremely malnourished and wanted to know if we wanted her. Hearing that just made me sick to my stomach, the next morning I walked over to his house with Andy, we peered into his backyard and saw this white frail Boxer, I could see her spine just to give you an idea of how thin she was. I couldn't help but get emotional, I felt so sad for how badly she was neglected. Andy knew there was no turning back and that we would soon be leaving with Blanca back to our house. That is how Blanca joined our family. It took about 2 weeks for Chica to accept her but after that they became inseparable.
Blanca is such a loyal dog, she knows what she came from and for that reason she sticks by us closely. She never runs out out the door or away from us, she stays by our side always, she adores Andrew, and has given herself the duty of protecting him always, when we are out on walks and Andrew is in the stroller, she walks along side of him and barks at anyone who tries to come near. When he was a baby she wouldn't let strangers come upstairs because that is where Andrew was, she would run to the top of the stairs and growl at anyone trying to pass her. Everyday she allows Andrew to jump on her, play with her, lay by her, we love our Blanca Boo. She brings so much to our family.
Chica has been everywhere with us, we never left her behind, she would travel with us on vacation to Southern CA where we'd take her to the dog beaches, we've snuck her into multiple hotels, she has visited Utah, Idaho and Arizona as well. She does great in the car. My dad also thinks Chica is his, they have a special bond that no one can break. All I have to say is "Guy's coming!" and Chica runs to the front door to wait for him. Chica is a very smart dog, always has been, she does all the regular stuff, sit, lay, stand, shake etc... but she listens and observes exceptionally well. If she see's that I am sad, she comes and lays by me, she knows when I'm not happy and has even licked tears off my face, I know some of you are reading this and thinking GROSS but when it's your own dog then it doesn't seem as gross.
When Andy is out of town I know Chica doesn't sleep through the night because she is on guard, she protects the home, she makes me feel so safe.
Nothing excites her more than the four letter word "WALK" which Andy and I always have to spell so she doesn't know what we are talking about. We love whispering "walk" into her ear and watching her run to tell Blanca the exciting news and then they go nuts until we take them. Having both her and Blanca can be so much work at times because Boxers require a lot of attention, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, they are the sweetest dogs, and they are so good to us, they are so much fun!!! They are especially good with Andrew so if you are thinking about getting a dog, make sure you have the time to care for one, and if you do, don't think twice just do it!







4 comments:
Your post is so sweet, I love animals as well, They are really good looking dogs!
oh my gosh, I think I just teared up over this post?!?!? You are so loving! Poor Blanca, thank goodness for you guys. You have awesome dogs!
Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog too, I ADORE you guys and everytime I read your blog I am sad that we do not live there anymore!!!!
There was some Oprah show about abandoned dogs the other day and I just saw parts and was getting emotional. No one knows the love of animals until you have your own or are raised with them. My family has always had dogs and I don't know what life would have been like without them.
My Mom grew up with 2 boxers and she has the best stories. They would hold her up and taught her how to walk and stuff. I loved your sweet stories.
Andy what's up. It's Chris Kennedy, remember me from Paraguay?? I just started checking out some friends blogs and saw your name. Drop me a line...chrisjkennedy@sbcglobal.net
Post a Comment