Sunday, January 4, 2009

Projects Galore!

After Christmas Andy got some time off thank goodness! We knew we'd take advantage of this and get ready for the baby girl. So here are some before and after pictures of what we have been up to with Andy's time off. Of course I forgot to take a photo of Andrew's nursery right before all the changes but found this old photo from before he was born so you get the idea.

Andrew's old nursery

Transformed to pink! Andy worked really hard on these cute stripes for me, originally we were going to do wainscoting for the bottom but decided a chair rail would do just fine after seeing a photo in a Costco magazine of all places.

Here comes my project, I knew we would have to move Andy's office downstairs since Andrew would soon be taking over that room once the baby came and took over his room. I took advantage to do this as part of Andy's Christmas gift while he was out of town with the help of my Mom and Brother who did sooooo much. I didn't want him to worry about moving the office on top of doing a nursery, and moving Andrew's room into his old office. Andy mentioned that he was bummed about moving his office downstairs because the room only had one window and he was in a room full of window's and light before so I made some adjustments to give the new office some life.

Here is the office all done, with a new comfy leather chair which was what he really wanted for Christmas, he just happened to get a vamped up office along with it. All this may not look like much but it sure did take a lot of time. I'll post pictures of Andrew's room once I buy him new bedding and his room looks complete, it is pretty cute now but I have to finish it still. I'm glad all of this is done, I just have to order the baby girls bedding and add a few things to the nursery and it will be done. I can't believe we've made all these changes due to baby #2 on it's way! Exciting times!

8 comments:

Staci Leach said...

I love that part of babies coming. Making room for them and shifting all around and redecorating. Fun Fun!

Mands Glenn said...

You are totally nesting. I love it! Pink Pink PInk! Girls are the best. I feel like I am still nesting. JOrdan totally lost his office when MIss Lola came, too. The office looks great though. YOu are so sweet to spice it all up for him. It looks fantastic! I can't wait to see Little miss Jr. Rachel. YOu are so close!

Lambeth Family said...

Wow! Some good projects there. Much talent. Looks great!

SHE PAPERIE said...

Um, adorable. LOVE the stripes, so girly and fun! If this room is anything to go by, this girl is going to have it made in the shade. I can't wait to see how you dress her. Andrew always looks so snappy! When are you due? Any names in the works yet?

SUZANNE said...

So in case you are wondering who the heck SHE is...SHE is ME! Sorry about that!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pink stripes!. Very cute!!! So excited for you!

Anonymous said...

PINK!!! you must be having soo much fun going pink- it looks soo good so far!! cant wait to see it in real life- we are coming out in a few weeks. I will call you when I know for sure!!

mcewen16 said...

Andy, you did a GREAT job with the painting. Those stripes must have taken FOREVER! The idea was great, Rachel, and I think the future McEwen girl is going to have a wonderful new room. The nursery is adorable.