Andy is on an outdoor kick, so this past weekend he thought it would be fun to go back to Mt. Charleston and take the kids on a hike. We decided to try Mary Jane Falls, lets just say Andy gets an "E" for "EFFORT." We didn't get that far up the hike before Andrew asked me to carry him, and we still had a long way to go so yeah we never made it to the falls but it was still fun and we got out of the house and tried something new. Here are a few pics from our little adventure.


We found a lady bug, and I'm pretty sure this was Andrew's first time seeing an actual lady bug, he was in heaven and after having the lady bug walk all over his hand and arm he decided to pull up his pant leg to see if the lady bug would walk on his leg too. I love the way kids think.

I tried a bunch of times to get a cute picture of these 3 but Andrew was way too excited about his new found lady bug and this is the only shot where he is looking at the camera.

Here is sweet baby Talia, trying to decide whether to stay awake or asleep, so comfortable up against Dada's chest, love it!

Here we are, "the hikers" yeah right!
8 comments:
Ohhh how things change when you have kids, huh? We tried to take the girls on a hike awhile back and we had Lo in the carrier and Lil in the jogging stroller.She refused to sit in it. We made it to the trail head and she basically refused and kind of had a break down so Jage and I looked at each other and walked back to the car and just laughed. Craziness! It looks beautiful there. I love the ladybug story! Sweet sweet!
I love that Talia has a bow in her hair for a hike. You never know when someone is going to take a picture of you.
Fertalize your grass and Lady Bugs will decend! We did that when Kyla was about 15 months old. We put like 20 lady bugs on her. She love it so much we had to scare her away from bugs because any time she saw one she wanted to pick it up. Cockroaches! eeew gross.
you guys are so adventurous! talia is looking so much like you!!! very sweet!
Yeah for summer! We'll have to try that hike...and I'm sure that Scott will be wanting to be carried about 5 steps into the hike as well. I love how Talia looks like she just enjoys anything she does!
Ha ha...yeah, we've had similar experiences where things don't go quite according to plan. I think you've just got to keep trying though, because memories are made either way. You guys are a cute "hiking" family. Don't you just love the bjorn? Talia is a doll. Andrew is such a big boy. He's tall for his age, right? So big!
I love hiking days, so much fun, nice weather, picnics, and the GREAT OUTDOORS!!! Good times!
Did you change your blog? I think it is so cute! I'm loving the scalloped edge and bright flowers. I'm jealous, I only know how to roll with a lame one color background.
Post a Comment