Friday, June 5, 2009

The Peruvian

I have always wanted my kids to be able to represent their Peruvian roots so about 5 years ago when Andy and I went to Peru, I bought what they call a "chuio" for my future babies to wear. A "chuio" is a traditional Peruvian knit hat that you commonly see and when I was a baby my mom took pictures of me wearing one, so I always wanted to do the same. Little Talia looks very Latina! Much more so than Andrew did as a baby now that I look back at photos.

Here is a picture of me with my Aunt Betty to my left and my Mom to my right, this is the photo that inspired me to buy the chuio for my kids to wear.



I found a picture of Andrew too when he was the exact same age wearing "the chuio." I'm so glad I bought this little hat while adventuring through the Inca land, which happened to be the trip of a lifetime!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

when you get that scanner up and running, post some pics from Peru. I have been wanting to travel South America ever since my Panama to Belize trip a few years back. Your kiddos look adorable and I hope you're all doing well. Miss you!

SUZANNE said...

Look at that little cherub! TOOOOOOOO CUTE! Great thinking in advance on your trip a few years ago!

Established Feb 2, 2007 said...

Such a cute face!!

chanel said...

OH MY GOSH- too CUTE!!!!

Elizabeth and Jon Hansen said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Is it bad that I miss her and it has only been a couple of days?

ShOrt StoRy said...

Very cute!!!

Staci Leach said...

Such a beautiful girl! The first shot is one to frame and keep in her room growing up! So she always remembers her roots! Beautiful, beautiful beautiful!

mutze handknit by ashley said...

That hat is so beautiful. I wish I could knit like that. I love the picture with you and your Aunt and Mom. It is so nice you have those pictures. I cannot believe how big Talia is. Ash