This past weekend I took the kids up to Utah for my cousin Kat's wedding and for Andy's family reunion. It was Talia's first road trip, and overall she did good. The trip up there was rough as she only slept 30 minutes of it and instead of 5 hours it took me almost 7 hours to get there with having to stop and feed her etc... but on the way back she slept a lot more and I made it in 5.5 hours with one stop so that made it seem pretty good overall. Andrew had the time of his life and got so much attention from all our family members up there, he didn't know what to do with himself. I truly enjoyed seeing my kids get so much love and attention.
On Friday night we had my cousins reception. We are talking one huge Latino party! Before even entering the reception I could hear loud salsa and merengue music blaring and once I entered all I saw were some legit dance moves, and serious hip action! Andrew couldn't stop dancing, he was all over the place. Come Saturday morning I drove up to South Jordan for Andy's family reunion and we had check in at 11 am, name tags, colored bracelets according to what group you were placed in, such amazing
organization etc...you get where I am going, it couldn't be more polar opposite from Friday night and I just laughed to myself thinking well Andrew, welcome to your families! Take the best of both and run with it I suppose. Here are tons of pictures from our fun weekend!

Congrats to Kathy and Chris Dunning! Adorable couple!

My Dad, Kat the Bride, and my Mom

My cousin Dave, Talia, and my mom

My little girl

Andrew dancing with Tia Fina (Kat's mom)

Andrew dancing with Tia
Chela who came all the way from Peru

Talia in her party dress, sitting as far away as possible from the loud speakers!

When not on the dance floor I could find Andrew sitting
in between these two pretty girls, the one on his left is
Shyell, my cousin Vanessa's little girl.

Talia in her Aunt Emily's arms, this is Andy's sister
in case you can't tell.

Andrew and his cousin Jake (Emily's little boy). These two had a blast together, rolling down grassy hills, running around and just
hanging out!

Andrew eating a cupcake with Grandma
McEwen, he loved seeing Andy's parents at the reunion! It was a non-stop, fun, and tiring weekend! Glad we were able to see everyone, but also glad to be home!
3 comments:
I love that he got to see both families in the same weekend. He is definantly going to be a diverse and educated little boy with two families who are totally different. I especially love the pic. of him in between those two little girlies. He is getting so big. Gosh, why do they grow up so fast. I want to kiss Talias cheeks and meet her so bad. Loved this post!
I love weddings!! Fun times, good friends, family, great pictures! Who could ask for more!!!
Looks like a busy weekend! I just love how delicate Talia's features are. She will be such a beautiful woman just like her Mother and Grandmother! Also so funny how aith your family Andrew looks like the whitey and with Andy's family he looks Latino! Love it!
Post a Comment