Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Holiday Fun

 I still haven't finished posting on Spain! I've got 2 days left to cover and hope I can get myself to do it before the new year. Since i've been back for 2 months now, it isn't nearly as exciting to cover as recent stuff so I'll keep to the recent events for now.
 I really enjoy this time of year, and love doing holiday type activities. Below are several photos from some fun we've had.

Our good friends Nate and Tara invited us out to Gardens Park for Christmas fun and we had a blast, they had a choo choo train, pony rides, carriage rides, crafts, and more....It was a cold night but we didn't let that stop us. We fit all 8 of us on the sleigh ride and sang christmas carols the entire ride. I let everyone else do the majoritiy of the singing hehe. This was our 2nd year going and it did not disappoint!

We couldn't get a picture of all of us since it was so tight on the sleigh ride but we managed to get both sides covered.

Talia was a pretty good sport. She got a little fussy at times and thankfully her Nana was there to rescue her from the backpack. My mom was a huge help in chasing Andrew around too. While I was in line for the pony ride Andrew took off towards the train, my Mom was chasing him but he was so fast, he jumped over the haystacks, avoided the line, and jumped onto the last car open on the train. My poor Mom didn't know what to do so she followed his lead and barely got to sit next to him before the train took off. She felt  bad by passing the line and just hopping on the train but she wasn't about to let Andrew ride it alone and there was no stopping him!


Andy had the great idea of making marshmellow snowman's this past weekend. We used tic tacs for the eyes and nose, and chocolate chips for the buttons and melted chocolate for the hair. Andrew loves Frosty so this was very fun for him.



Andrew painted this pine cone ornament for Andy and was so proud of it, he gave it to Andy the minute he walked in the door from work.

I went and bought this cute playmoblie nativity set after seeing my friend Tara's. It has kept Andrew very busy. It is a very intricate nativity set and a lot of the pieces are not pictured because I put them away to prevent Andrew from losing them. It's a great set to have though because it can't break and Andrew plays with it every day, multiple times a day.


Good old Santa! Andrew was thrilled to sit on his lap and ask for a car, a house, and man in the forest...whatever that is. His list changes daily. Prior to his encounter with Santa he wanted a telescope and rocket ship, I kind of wish he would have asked Santa for that instead of  the whole man in the forest deal. Talia wasn't sure what to think of Santa, she seemed to be taken by his beard, and I'm just happy she didn't cry.

Talking to Santa and getting candy canes from him. Andrew was beaming from ear to ear!


The Bass Pro Shop has a whole set up for kids, it's really cute. Santa, shooting games, and crafts to name a few.... the best part is that it is FREE!

Talia sporting the hat that Andrew made


Eric, Tawna, and Andrew posing with Frosty


Tara and I hanging out at Bass Pro


This fish tank had the kids attention for a while


Nate and Andy


Talia laughing at Andrew. Our kids had a blast at bass pro and at all we've done so far, they just enjoy each other and I love seeing that.

6 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

Your Mom is STUNNING! She is gorgeous. Looked like such a fun night. Don't you love getting to dress in winter clothes? We only get to do it for a bit of the year and I love it! I love the pinecone idea. I might have to try that with the girls. Miss you! We were talking about how it would be fun to do residency in Vegas. I would move there in a heart beat. Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely LOVE the nativity set, I'll have to search for one for Dylan. Also, how funny about Bass Pro, I totally agree with you and posted a very similar post about what great stuff they have for kids! Glad you had fun!!!

Cardalls said...

The marshmallow snowmen are a great idea! I will have to save that idea for next year. The kids would love it!

ShOrt StoRy said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the marshmallow snowman idea...star for Andy!!!
I love when the weather changes to wear sweaters and jackets too!!!

Anonymous said...

look how fun and festive you guys are being!!! looks like fun!! i will let you know if we decide to go through vegas- we'll for sure come see you guys!!

Amy Baker said...

Great picture with Santa. That is impressive that neither one of them cried! That's a keeper for sure! I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas.