Friday, March 12, 2010

Talia 12 months

Talia's many faces captured by her Father
(the sandals...I'm in love)

Hanging out with the peacocks like it's no big deal

My Baby turned 1 on the 9th of this month. Where did the year go??? She is still a little baby in my eyes and I'm hoping to keep it that way as long as possible.
Where to begin...She is so active, she wants doesn't want to skip a beat with Andrew and follows his every move. She is my little monkey and tries to climb onto everything and off everything, and jump out of my arms when I'm holding her...she has no fear, and that scares me! She got 3 teeth in at the same time this past month (so not fun), and now has a total of 7 teeth. I have a feeling the 8th will be here shortly. She can go down the stairs on her own now but I still prefer that she doesn't. She can stand herself up in the middle of the floor without grabbing onto anything, but no steps yet. She has become a lot more interested in what we are eating and is starting to not want baby food anymore. She is getting used to a sippy cup and only has patience to drink out of one for a little bit before she is over it. She snuggles with me a lot and gives me wet kisses/loves. (It makes my day.) She is very vocal in her own little language and I hear all sorts of sounds out of her mouth but no words yet, although I know she understands me when I talk to her for the most part. Everytime she see's a photo of herself she laughs out loud. Bathtime continues to be one of her favorite activities. She also amuses herself by clmibing on and off of Andrew's chairs and push cars, and by playing with the ball popper. I feel like she grows up so much every month. We love her to death and can't get enough of her. I find so much pleasure in getting her dressed in cute little outfits with matching bows/shoes etc...I always knew dressing a little girl would be fun, but not this fun! She isn't a big fan of playing dress up so I have to get the outfit right the first time around or else I have a very unhappy baby.
Andy took her to her 1 year well check and got the following stats: 
28.5 in long and weighs 19 lbs 12 oz which makes her pretty small! Andrew weighed this much when he was 6 months old. But like I said earlier, she is so active she burns calories right and left.  I'll have to get her to eat more!
Talia is the best baby ever and puts smiles on our faces every day. This past year with her has been absolutely amazing!

7 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

I think ANdy should make this part of his profession. I loved all of the gorgeous pics of your GORGEOUS 1 year old. The peacock pictures is Amazing. WOW! Those sandals are to die for. Ughhh little girls. . . .

Staci Leach said...

I could just bite those cheeks! Such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

hey, good job Andy! She looks adorable.

SUZANNE said...

Oh my goodness! What gorgeous photos!!! She is a true beauty, just like mama!

Karen (Mom) said...

Rachel, Talia is beautiful! I don't often leave a comment, but I love checking out your blog to see the latest pictures and read your thoughts. What a wonderful way to keep a journal. (Be sure you back everything up once in a while!)Give Andrew and Talia a huge hug and kiss from me. We love you guys!

Amy Baker said...

She is so so so cute. So cute! Happy birthday little Talia. Time really does fly.

Cardalls said...

She's darling. In the serious photo, she looks just like you! Beautiful like her mama. I meant to comment on your Feb. post...Februaries are horrible in general, and yours definitely was the worst! I hope this month is better! Spring is one of my favorite seasons, and it should be so nice in Vegas. :)