Thursday, September 9, 2010

18 Months


Talia is 18 months old and it has been 6 months since I last gave an update on my little girl. In this time she has grown so much I can't believe it.

Talia is on the move all the time, as far as I'm concerned she can climb a mountain. She has incredible climbing skills. For some time now she has been able to climb into my bathroom sink, she climbs onto the tub and from there gets onto the extra high counter/sink. As of yesterday she learned how to climb out of her crib as well. This little Talia is so determined, and accomplishes just about everything she seeks out to do.
She also wiggles herself out of the shopping cart seat belt all the time. I don't know how she does it but I always find her standing in the shopping cart ready to make a break for it. Like I said nothing stops her.

She also loves water, bath time is her favorite and if that isn't available she goes for the toilet. I am constantly shutting bathroom doors, asking Andrew to close the lid to the toilet etc...sounds so gross, I know. But what is even more gross is a couple of months ago, I came home from work a little late and when Andy opened the front door for me the first thing I saw was Talia behind him in bathroom poking her head out of the toilet. She was fully inside the toilet within seconds of Andy not paying attention to her. I just about died. My only relief was that I had just cleaned the toilets but it is still very hard to get that image out of my head. Talia keeps me on my toes 24/7.
Aside from all her amazing physical abilities, she is so fun to have around. She is saying a lot of words now and when we ask her to repeat words she does. Currently she says: Mama, Dada, Nana, Papa Guy, Eggo (Aaron's nickname), Andoo (Andrew), granpa, grama, yummy, baby, hi, hello, bye, no, yes, Blanca, Chica, cookah (cookie), wawa (water), baba (bottle), nigh nigh (night night), lub u (love you), and she does the following animal sounds: lion-roars, cat-meows, dog-woofs, cow-moo's, fish-smacks her lips, snake-hiss, and she also does a really good car sound. I'm probably forgetting some but that is all that comes to mind right now.

Talia loves playing with Andrew's cars and driving them around. It worries me that she likes cars more than dolls right now but hopefully that will change as she gets older. One of her favorite things is when Andy chases her around the house, she runs as fast as she can to try and escape him but laughs hysterically when Andy grabs her.  She also loves jumping on beds, and gets really mad when I try and stop her. She kicks her little legs and screams whenever I try and stop her from doing what she wants. She also loves finding belly buttons and poking them and laughing, she actually enjoys slapping Andrew's tummy whenever his shirt is off, then poking his belly button. Also Talia is a great little dancer, the minute the music starts she starts moving. She loves music! Whether we are in the car, or at home she knows how to bop her head to the beat, throw her hands up in the air, and bounce her legs. She especially loves the song Imma Bee from Black Eyed Peas. I have videos of her dancing and it is hilarious. I need to post them. She also enjoys more child friendly songs like all the songs from Mary Poppins.

Talia has some special items that are dear to her, she has a stuffed doggie that she carries all over the place, and a blankie that she can't sleep without. If she isn't rubbing her blankie she isn't falling asleep. She always wants to snuggle with these two items, it's darling. Her absolute favorite book is Frosty the Snowman. She walks around carrying her book saying "frosty." She also enjoys Ten Little Lady Bugs, and the ABC book by Dr. Seuss. I'm so happy that she finally loves me reading to her.

She hates when I try and do her hair, it is quite the task and trying to get her to cooperate is near impossible. It always results in tears no matter how hard I try for it not to. She pulls out her bows within minutes and refuses to wear head bands. Such a bummer because hair accessories are so cute. She does like hats, especially extra big ones that we wear so I'm hoping one day she'll enjoy bows.

As for food, she always wants what I'm drinking or eating. Some of her favorites right now are grapes, pears, tangerines, strawberries, blueberries, cucumbers, craisins, mac n cheese, spaghetti, chicken, cookies/crackers, fruit snacks and bread to name a few.

We love this little girl  to pieces, she melts our hearts daily and drives us crazy too, but that's an 18 month old for you.

2 comments:

Matt and Jill said...

LOL! Maybe Scott has given her some climbing tips...if you want a crib tent to keep her in a little longer - give me a call! I have one still in the box!!!

chanel said...

oh my goodness! im in love with her! she & bay would be excellent partners in crime- except the climbing, she could teach him a trick or two for sure! the toilet expedition is hilarious!!!! shes a smartie for sure, and gorgeous (who needs hair bows when you're THAT cute??), and sweet- the total package! love it!!