1. favorite color: blue
2. favorite food: macaroni and cheese
3. favorite sport: tennis
4. favorite drink: milk
4. favorite thing to do: painting with mama
5. favorite toy: buzz lightyear
6. favorite friend: everyone is my friend
7. favorite family activity- bike riding
8. favorite store- fresh and easy
9. favorite movie- Toy Story 1, 2, and 3
10. favorite TV show- Cat in the Hat and Dinosaur Train
11. favorite book- Cat in the Hat
12. what color is your hair- brown
14. what do we do on Sundays- Go to church
15. when do we say prayers- morning and night, breakfast, lunch, and dinner
16. what color is Talia- I don't know...pink?
17. what do Chica and Blanca like to do best- go on a walk
18. what is Dada's favorite thing to do- go on a bike ride
19. what is Mama's favorite thing to do- stay home and play with me
20. what is Talia's favorite thing to do- go to bed (uh..wrong!)
I was hoping for some off the wall answers but didn't get those from Andrew, he is too smart for me. I've meant to blog about my little man ever since he turned 4 which has almost been a month now. Better late than never. I already feel like 4 is a magic number, Andrew is such a good kid. He understands so much more now and overall behaves better. He listens to me, well most of the time and that came with turning 4.
He loves going to pre-school and that has been the best leverage I have ever had! He picks up things really quick, I hope that he will be reading soon. He sounds out words good but still hesitates to put the entire word together although he has done it a few times. He writes his name really good and the correct way (Andrew, not ANDREW like I had taught him) I love that he understands the difference between lower and uppercase letters. I know if continually work with him he will be reading in no time.
Andrew loves having conversations, he talks to me all the time about everything, he is good socially too. He likes talking to all of my friends as well. Whenever we go to the park, he immediately finds friends to play with b/c "everyone is his friend."
He is doing really good on his 2 wheel bike, we haven't taken off the training wheels yet but pretty soon he should be able to.
Andrew loves going out to lunch and meeting up with Andy during the day. If I leave it up to him he wants to eat a turkey sandwich and drink a lemonade. That typically means Jimmy Johns. As for dessert he isn't a huge fan of ice cream but he likes the cones. When we go to golden spoon he often only orders a cone with no frozen yogurt inside. Andrew has always been a pretty healthy eater. He eats raw vegetables every day and loves them in abundance, broccoli, salad, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, and celery to name a few.
He really enjoys playing the Nintendo Wii with Andy, and also plays games on our computer on pbskids.org, I'm surprised how well he navigates on our computer. He is pretty tech savy. He can start a movie all by himself, uses the remote control and hits input, scrolls to video, clicks that to get to what he needs on the TV screen then he clicks DVD on the same remote so he can turn on the DVD player and gets that going too. I don't think I knew how to do all that at his age. He picks up on everything so fast.
Some funny things he does as of lately... Andy bought him a living scripture DVD to see if he would watch it and it is the video of Ammon and the Lamanites. I personally think it is a little violent. Now after watching the video Andrew runs around the house with his play sword saying "I"m a Lamanite...I'm a bad guy!" We keep trying to tell him that the Lamanites repented and became good but he likes to think of them as bad. The other day we were at port of subs and Andrew says "mama did you see that?" I tell him "no, what?" he jumps forward towards Talia and stops..."Heavenly father stopped me!" I say, "stopped you from what?" Andrew says "from hitting Talia." wow. I had no clue why in the world he would say something like that so I asked Andy and apparently he has told him that Heavenly Father can stop people from doing bad things...it all goes back to this living scripture video cartoon. I guess Andy had to explain that to him b/c a Lamanite fell to the ground when he wanted kill the king. I think we need to slow down on the whole living scripture DVDs until Andrew is a little older. He cracks me up though.
Andrew succeeds at making Talia laugh all the time and they play pretty good. They love running on couches together (which is now prohibited) and jumping on beds together. I think they enjoy being partners in crime. I often hear Talia crying and following her cries I'll listen to see if she is okay and I'll hear Andrew say "it's okay Talia, it's okay" and try and calm her down. It is nice for me to know that Andrew is a good big brother that looks after his little sister. Andrew has a lot of love to share. He really loves his family. I kind of laugh to myself now b/c after 4 years, I have finally graduated from being the one Andrew wants to lay in bed with, he has moved onto Andy. I really see Andrew growing up and a lot of it has to do with him being so much more interested in his Dada and what he is doing and if he can do the same. I see Andy soaking it up as well which makes me happy.
We love this boy, he makes our life complete.








1 comment:
Such a handsome guy! I love the interview idea. I'm going to have to copy you for Luke's next birthday. What a great way to remember them at each age.
Post a Comment