Saturday, March 26, 2011

Talia's special day

My baby Talia turned two on March 9th. I can hardly believe it has already been 2 years. Andy was out of town on her special day which was a bummer but we managed to still make the day all about her. We went to lunch with my family at the redrock casino buffet, we did this for a number of reasons... Talia is the pickiest eater ever and at a buffet she is bound to find something to eat, and everyone in my family is rather particular so it worked out really nice. It was also on the way to Bonnie Springs which was our next stop. Talia LOVES animals so that's why we opted to go to Bonnie Springs on her birthday. She was able to run around for a while and enjoyed every minute of seeing the animals. My Aunt Vicky came up from Utah to celebrate Talia's birthday and which made it even more fun. Every year growing up she used to make us a "special" cake that was layered with jello and whipped cream and had peaches on top. She made this same cake for Talia's birthday and it was really neat to see my daughter eating the cake I grew up getting from my aunt on my birthday. I love that we are such a close family. Here are some pics from our fun filled day.

Here is proof of her happiness to be checking out the animals

Nana and Andrew, these two have a very special relationship, I love it!

We saw a lot of peacocks full spread like this, they are beautiful.

Papa Guy and Talia feeding the ducks


In a split few seconds Talia climbed her way to the top of this fence without us realizing. I guess she really wanted to get a better look at the pony, and she kindly reminded me of how fast she is. I had my mom grab her to get this picture but I can't take my eye off of her for a second b/c she is always up to no good!

On our way out my Aunt Vicky is carrying Talia who is tired as can be


Back home before dinner and cake Talia and Papa Guy do what they do best. Watch French cartoons on my dads iphone. This is their favorite pass time.

                                                                 Love her sweet smiling face

This is in the middle of us singing her happy birthday, she LOVED every minute of the attention. It was adorable.

Talia loves Beauty and the Beast and was thrilled to get Belle and Mrs. Potts.

Once Andy was back in town we celebrated once again so he could be part of it. He was so sad he missed her special day we had to do it all over again. As you can see they were both happy about this.

6 comments:

Jaime Lynne said...

Happy birthday, Talia! You look so much like your Mommy. Both beautiful.

We've never been to Bonnie Springs. Would you recommend it, then?

chanel said...

Aww, so much fun! She is ADORABLE!! Best cutest smile EVER! The pict of her climbing the fence cracked me up, cause you're always saying how she gets into things, she IS super funny, GO TALIA!!
HAppy birthday!
Much love!!

Multitasking Mom said...

Great adventures, I love checking your blog out. Speaking of, I switch ours up a little! blahblahbean.blogspot.com
--Allison

Amy Baker said...

Happy Birthday Talia. What a sweet little girl!

mcewen16 said...

So sad that we don't live closer to you guys! As cliche and "aunt-y" as this sounds, I could just eat up both of those kids! Love you guys so much!

Amanda Bowen said...

She is adorable and looks like her Mom. It is so fun seeing pics of your cute family.