Monday, December 12, 2011

Andrew 5 years old

Andrew turned 5 on September 18th. See, slowly but surely I am catching up on the blog :) We kind of threw together a last minute birthday party because we had just gotten back from Jackson Hole the same week. Andrew insisted on a birthday party despite me trying to talk him out of one and he also insisted that it be a "batman" party. So of course I did the best I could under the circumstances and pulled together a swim party/batman party for him. We invited our closest friends, and Andrew's closest friends and had a grand time!

 I have the best neighbor ever and she had her mom bring down this batman pinata from El Paso and surprised Andrew with it for his birthday.  And yes the pinata was larger than Andrew! He was in love!

 Andrew was very excited about it being his special day

 The calm before the storm...I had to post this picture b/c the backyard looked so peaceful before anyone arrived and once the kids were in the pool I turned into a nervous wreck. Also take note of the bouquet of batman balloons, yes those lovely balloons were swept up with a gust of wind into the sky. For those on their way to the party, they had a great marker in the sky as to the location of the batman party.

 This picture doesn't look like there were that many kids swimming but there were...just not in this photo. Andy was on lifeguard duty and did a great job.

Once it came time for the pinata we realized we had no where to hang it from so Andy the genius decided to hang it from our master bedroom window. He looked pretty funny up there.

All the kids lined up ready to take a swing. Weston was giving it all he had. Every kid gave the pinata their best shot and nothing, not even a dent. This was a very high quality pinata!

Finally candy came pouring out...so we thought. Andy felt bad for the kids since every one of them hit the pinata and had no luck so he decided to throw candy out the window instead. The kids didn't know any different and got so excited. Our friend Ashely then stepped up to the challenge and took the pinata down in no time. I wish I had video of it. She was amazing...


I was so pleased with how Andrew's cake turned out. Retro Bakery did such a great job and the cake was absolutely delicious! cookies and cream...yum!

I love this picture because all of the kids are trying to blow out the candles with Andrew. If you look closely all of their mouths are open.  Priceless!

Love that face!

Andrew got very spoiled on his birthday, he has such great friends and family that are so generous with him. This picture really captures his excitement and happiness while opening up his presents!

This picture also captures the seriousness of it all as Andrew tries to soak it all in. Notice the beautiful knit hat, it was a gift from my very talented friend Ashely.
 I'm glad that I didn't give up on throwing Andrew a party b/c he had such a wonderful time with his buddies. He is at an age where he really does care and he has opinions of how he wants things done so I tried to follow his requests and think everything turned out accordingly.

2 comments:

The J J Glenn Family said...

Rachel, you sound just like me. I tried to convince Lilly that she could go to the movies with 4 of her friends and call it a party, but she insisted on having a party. So Saturday is the big day! WIsh me luck! Jordan is working. Ahhhhh

Love all these cute pics and that PiƱata was pretty intense. So fun! What's up with our big kids? He is so cute Rachel. Like so handsome. Wouldn't it be a dream if lilly met him in college someday. ahhhh! Love the pic of him with a cake face. Great shot! Andy I love how you were hanging out the window. So cool!

mutze handknit by ashley said...

Looks like a blast in Idaho and Jackson Hole! Love me some IDAHO! We need to go at the same time. We would have a blast.

Love Andrew in his Mutze! He looks so good in all of them. I can't believe how big he is getting.