Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bye Bye's and Folding Arms


All Andrew wants to say is BYE BYE or just BYE whether he is going upstairs, and the dogs are downstairs (he must say bye to them), or if we are leaving anywhere he'll say bye to anyone, or if he hears me on the phone, he'll beat me to the punch and say BYE really loud, he knows when I'm ending a conversation it is crazy, but pretty funny at the same time.
The other night I was putting him down to bed and Aaron was leaving our house, Aaron yelled bye from the front door and of course sleepy head yells back BYE in his adorable voice! I could just hear Aaron laughing downstairs because that wasn't the voice he expected to hear. Andrew is obsessed with the word, and I love hearing him say it.
At Church he never fails to say BYE either except he says it when he needs to be quiet and reverent. Once the 3rd hour of church hits, as many of you know, your babes are over it and want to go home to nap. With that said you'll get crying babies and moms are having to get up and take their baby out of the class so the teacher can keep teaching, well...yeah Andrew says BYE to them as well as they leave class, and he does it in his nice loud voice for everyone to hear including the teacher. Lovely, I know.
One more story, Andy and I are trying, and I emphasize "trying" to be examples around Andrew so we make a special effort to bless each meal and say prayers before bed. About a month and a half ago I noticed that when Andy said "you pray" and I said "no you pray," (what great examples we are) Andrew folded his arms on his own, we never tried to teach him he just did it when he heard us say "pray" and has been ever since. I love how he is soaking up everything. He also folds his arms when I say "pear" since it sounds like "prayer" so we'll have to work on that but I can't help but be so proud of my little man!

8 comments:

aaron and allee said...

Oh, Rachel, he's just adorable! I can't wait to meet him someday!

Mands Glenn said...

I love this little boy and all of the stories. They totally soak in everything. I love how he even says bye to the teachers at church. Ugh Church is so hard. I don't think I have been to R. Society in like over a month. We look at eachother and say, " Why are we here" when we are in the hallway. Rachel, he is the sweetest thing and always looks so handsome. He is totally a looker! miss you! Thanks for helping Pete out so much. He is so excited!

Me said...

ah, he is just too cute! Isn't it the best when their little personalities shine like that?! And I think you and Andy are GREAT examples to little Andrew. He is lucky to have you!!

Me said...

hey again! I think Jamie opened her blog up, so it isn't private at the moment. I think. she is linked through mine if you want to give it a try. I will tell her to invite you if it's private again though.

Do you and Andy wanna go on a double? We need to try some of these new restaurants around here.

The Morris Fam said...

Too cute! I can;t wait to see him this weekend!

nickel... said...

Darling and spiritually minded...and friendly! He's the total package! :) Taj has in now way picked up on folding his arms but he loves to give a loud "AMEN!" in church or at home! :) Somehow he turned out to be a little Baptist that way!

I want Taj and Andrew to play!!! I'm calling to set up a play date with you very soon! please plan on it!

chanel said...

Soooo CUTE!

I love how you capture all these cute little things- talk about a WONDERFUL Mama!!!

pear=prayer is PRECIOUS!
It was cute my girls always said, Amen at the end of a book b/c it sounds like "the end" and its what you do at the end of a prayer- kids are soooo cute that way!

aaron and allee said...

And I just the love picture you have set as your blog header!