I regret to say that my blog will most likely be neglected for the next few months, as I am expecting baby # 2! I've been to my first appointment but am still early on in my pregnancy, and would have rather wait to announce the news but because I am so sick I figured this would be the best way to get the word out there so everyone knows why I fell off the planet. I apologize to those of you I owe phone calls to, I haven't been able to talk on the phone, yes that sick, but this time around I am more prepared mentally to deal with these challenges which has actually helped me a lot.
A lot of you thought I stopped working because I was pregnant but that wasn't the case, it wasn't until my last week of work that we even started thinking about another baby and it happened right away which just tells me it was meant to be. I am due on March 16th and am so excited for Andrew to have a sibling. He loves babies and I know he will be such a good big brother. Looking at Andrew's face everyday is what helps me get through these rough times and reminds me of the end result which makes the suffering 100% worth it. Plus I just want a baby to hold, Andrew is too big already!
If you have any advice on secret antidotes for nausea/throwing up let me know, (zofran doesn't work for me-and anything would beat IV's). I'm going to try and have Andy keep up the blog, but no promises, he has his hands full between work and taking care of us right now. I'll try and work in updates here and there.
One Grandmas yard --
1 year ago







24 comments:
Congrats!!!! With both of my boys I was so sick (to the point I was in the dr office hooked up to an IV) and I found that if I ate whatever I was craving I did not throw up as much. I also learned what comes up pretty easily. Fruity pebbles, applesauce, fruit snacks, fruit, and anything sweet. The things that DO NOT come up easily include spaghetti, salad, crackers, milk (if it has been a long time...the exception is if it is on cereal), meat, and rice. Hope that helps. Another thing you can do is ask your doc for a prescription for anti nausea medicine. I also used that with this last pregnancy and it was amazing. I went from literally puking 15-20 times a day to 3-4. That may still be a lot for some people but I was able to function after that. Good luck with everything.
Congrats!!!!! I have no advice about the ills. I was sick too but I guess I just suffered through the first tri. Once I hit 13 weeks I'm done being sick! I hope you can find something to help. I do remember living off pedialyte ice pops. That was a good diet for me.
Congrats...Yea!!! I was never sick enough to have an IV, but I always had a little snack around...plus unisom and b6 worked well at night until morning then I would wake up and eat some crackers or something before I would get out of bed...but you've probably been told all of this before...anyways...so dang happy for you guys!!
OK...I just saw your blog and what great news!! That's totally exciting, congratulations!!!
Congratulations Rachel. I am very excited for you. Just reading how sick you are took me back to the beginning of my pregnancies and made me a little nauseous. It's a good thing we forget about the awful sickness when the baby comes...otherwise I know I'd never have another one. Take it easy, lay low and just breath. Breathing very deeply helped me. I'll pray for you.
WOW! Congratulations!!!! That's such exciting and wonderful news. I am so excited for you and your fam. Andrew's going to have so much fun being a big brother!
Now that's the best news I've heard all day, no make that all week! How exciting-congratulations to you! I can hardly wait to find out what you are having...I'm feeling PINK for you! Hope your sickness subsides soon, I'm thinking of you cute Rachelly!
My little sick Winnsottomo Sister! Girlfriend, congratulations!!! THis is so exciting. As I was reading it I had this overwhelming feeling that you are having a GIRL! I can totally see you with a little girl with pink bows in her piggies. We are so excited for you guys and what a perfect time to have a baby in Vegas. No heat!
About the sick stuff I really don't know what to tell you except always have saltine crackers with ya and gatorade. It seemed to help a bit for me and also minty stuff. I remember at the beginning of this pregnancy when I was in the bathroom throwing up Lilly would come in and start spitting up in the toilet with me. It was so sad, but so funny at the same time. Hope it dosen't last too long. Love you girl!
Ya know hear I am thinking Rachel must still be having computer problems, but no she's really having prego problems!!! Congratulations, its starting to sound like March is going to be a BIG month for babies!!! Keep up with posts when you can, I can't wait to hear the progress reports!
Congratulations again!! We love you so much and are here for you if you need anything!!
Congratulations, Rachel! I have wondered what happened to you, so I am glad to hear that you have gone missing for a good reason ;) I hope you start feeling better soon. Were you sick like this when you were pregnant with Andrew?
Hey. That is great news. Congratulations we are so happy for you. I was so sick with Vera and I could only eat saltines and drink ginger ale. Good luck. I hope to join you soon. Ash
Another beautiful baby!! I can't WAIT until March!!
About the barfing...nothing helped me. I was sick 24/7 for 9 straight months when I was pregnant with Abbi. So sorry!! It is miserable. But, you do get a prize at the end.
Good luck, and PLEASE let me know if you need anything.
OH MY GOSH!! YAY!!!
Im so happy for you, but so sorry about being sick, it is AWEFUL! Just coming off it myself (for the 1st time) I can say honestly its terrible! HANG IN THERE! It will get better and it is all worth it! What a fun adventure! I'll keep you in my prayers- LOVE YA!!!
My doctor also gave me a prescription and suggested ginger pills. I never got to the oh so sick point, but when I felt yucky I munched on lemon heads and that really helped. I also never allowed myself to get hungry because that only made me feel worse, so I just ate small amounts of food all day - usually lemon heads and saltine crackers. Yum. I'm so excited for you - call me if you need anything!!
Congratulations and sorry you are so terribly sick! It brings back all the feelings of pregnancy. I remember when being pregnant with my second (probably because I knew what I was in for) I would feel completely claustrophobic and trapped knowing I had done something that couldn't be undone! (not that I wanted to!) But that was how it felt. You little man is so adorable, I can't wait for another adorable Rachel baby to enter the universe!
Yes! I am so excited for you guys! Congrats! Some day when our kids actually get to play together, they'll be the same ages! The second pregnancy for me was rough too... I mean, yours are worse, so I'm really sorry, but for me, Reglan was the trick. It seriously saved me. It basically stopped my barfing. Maybe it will at least slow yours. I also kept a tupperware of the current cereal I liked, or crackers, next to the bed so before I even moved at night or in the morning I ate that, and it saved the mornings. Gosh... what else. Sleep. I know it's hard cause our kiddos are on the go, but just sleep every chance you get! Take advantage of nap time. Forget everything else you normally do... this is most important now! Good luck, and again, Congrats! Such great news!
YEAAAAAAAA! for baby. BOOOOOO for nausea! If you need ANYTHING I'm here! As for the nausea ask Dr about a sedative! Sleep it off! That's my advise. The more you keep hydrated and rested the better it might be. Try Preggo-Pops! I've heard they work some. YEAAAAAA again for baby!
You guys! Thats amazing news. I hope the baby comes a day late on March 17th so it will be a st. patty's baby like me! Congrats a thousand times over and good luck with the sickness. Ive never been prego so i dont know what advice to give you. i only get sick on roller coasters...i suppose you should avoid thouse ;) love and hugs and best wishes.
Thats great news!! How exciting. Hope you feel better.
Just when I thought we were catching up. We're stoked for you guys...Congrats! Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help.
Unasom (the OTC sleep medicine) and Vitamin B6 in combination work for some people who fail zofran. Worth a try, it worked for my sister who also had hyperemesis gravidarum. Hope you feel better in time for Captain Necio's tour to Vegas in September...
Oh Boy! I just heard the "good news.... when it's over". :-) Is it better, worse , or the same this time around? I felt like this one was the same as Lily, but it didnt last as long this time, so just hang in there!! I was sick the first time for
26 weeks, and I stopped throwing up with this one at around 18-20. I took zofran, but it didnt help too much, I still felt sick, but it helped me function a little better. Nothing made me feel great though. I dont have any remedies...oh! except coke slurpees! That actually helps! I dont know what it is, but maybe keeping your throat freezing cold helps the gag reflex. :-) Its worth a shot. Just take deep breaths (That helps too) and wait it out! :-)
Congrats, but I'm sorry you are so sick. That is the worst. Hopefully it lets up a little bit soon.
Post a Comment