Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween

I'm pretty proud of myself this year for thinking up this costume for my boys. Being that Andrew is obsessed with Curious George, I decided he'd be that little monkey and that Andy would be the Man in the Yellow Hat! I found Andy's costume online, and crossed my fingers that he'd be down to wear it. He was a good sport and wanted to make Andrew's day so he was all about it. Andrew was thrilled, he couldn't get over looking at Andy dressed up as the Man in the Yellow Hat. We went to our wards trunk or treat, and Andy was quite the spectacle. Parents kept coming up to him with their kids to meet him, it was really cute seeing Andy get all that attention. Andrew picked up on the trick or treating really fast, and actually said "trick or treat" to everyone he wanted candy from, it was a great evening!


Andy and Andrew trick or treating at their first house

Andrew at the trunk or treat, ready to go and get his candy!

Nana introduced him to cotton candy for the first time!

Two of the best costumes of the night, Little Bo Peep and her little lamb (Adrianne Shimada and Annalyse), and of course Andy and Andrew. So cute to see the parent and kid costumes!

Sienna, Megan, and Quinn Brown, with Andrew and Andy

Andrew, Andy, Courtney (Andrew's girl) and her dad Jon Hansen in a hilarious WT costume.

14 comments:

Camille said...

I seriously cannot believe you made Andy wear that costume. I don't even think Matt would be down for that! What a guy!

Lambeth Family said...

That is so funny. I was trying to get my brother to be the man in the yellow hat this year. He looks so much like him! What a cute Georgey!

SUZANNE said...

Indeed too clever and cute! The only thing that would have made it complete is if you dressed up as well!

The McDonalds said...

I cannot handle Andy and Andrew's costumes! So cute, and so funny! And a little scary how much Andy can pass for "the man with the yellow hat!" Did Andrew get how closely they really resembled his favorite little pal, George?
Thanks for the props on looking good... but things have got significantly downhill. In the last few weeks I have passed up my final size for Ellie's pregnancy. I don't know what's going on, but this baby is definitely bigger. My ultrasound last week showed him at 5 lbs 12 oz... with 6 weeks to go. Kill me now.

Moore Family said...

You have every reason to be proud of yourself for those costumes.....they were GREAT!!!!

Staci Leach said...

Go Mommy! I wish Tony would be that into Halloween. I love all the costumes and the happy memories kids make this time of year! Andy and Andrew look Adorable!

ShOrt StoRy said...

So dang funny! Forget bribery pictures of kids, that one of Andy is priceless...bless him! He is such a good sport! Andrew is adorable as always!!!!

Matt and Jill said...

Those two boys are so cute! What a great idea to have them dress up like that - I'm sure Andrew loved it.

chanel said...

oh my gosh- that ROCKS!!! Way to go Andy!!!! You guys are the CUTEST!!!!

mandy said...

Sweet costumes! I love it.

Amy Baker said...

I love the themed costumes. I can't stop laughing! Hey, I know Jon Hansen, I grew up in the same ward as him and his family. Our mom's are bff's.

Lindsey Leavitt said...

Best. Costumes. Ever.
That little monkey is gonna marry my little mermaid someday :)

MissManda-Mae said...

great picture!! i love the costume i idea!! glad you stopped by today... i lost your blog address BUT NOW I'VE GOT IT!! =) THANKS!

Laura Ek said...

Andy- I laughed out loud when I saw you in that Yellow suit!! So classic! Your family looks adorable and what a fun halloween!! -Laura