Friday, January 7, 2011

new years

This year we spent new years eve with our good friends Nate and Tara.  They always know how to throw a very fun party with insanely DELICIOUS food. I think I pretty much ate till the count down because it was a Mediterranean feast which just happens to be my favorite cuisine. The best part about going to Nate and Tara's party was that Andy actually stayed up until midnight. For those of you who know Andy well you know that 8:00pm is pretty much his bed time and 9:00pm is staying up late. Lets just say it was quite an accomplishment to have him ring in the new year. I think I figured out the secret to keeping him awake...video games! We played xbox kinect for the first time and it did not disappoint.  I was so impressed, it seemed like something I'd see in a movie, something futuristic.  It was awesome and Andy obviously thought so too. I really want one after playing it, there is definitely a wow factor to it, so if you haven't tried it out yet I recommend that you do.
Me and my besties - Tara, Tawny, and Laura
One thing I realized is that I rarely hang out with by best girl friends all at one time, I don't know why it is so hard to get everyone together but it is. I love these girls so much and every time we are all together I am reminded of how great they are and how much fun we have. I hope that this new year I will make it a point to be more social, and see my friends more often than on a birthday or type of celebration. Life gets crazy and I often get caught up in the craziness so I'm really pushing for not as much craziness this year. 

Andy, Nate and Ben
So all of us friends in these pics were up at BYU at the same time, and I'm happy to say that 10 years after the fact we are all still hanging out. Some friendships are meant to last a lifetime and I believe that to be true with these friends. It was a great new years eve, with lots of laughs, and lots of reminiscing. I hope that 2011 brings more memories and good times.

3 comments:

SUZANNE said...

You (and your besties) look gorgeous! I hope 2011 is a year that I get to see you! It's been way, way too long! Love ya Rachely!

The J J Glenn Family said...

Looked like so much fun! THe food sounded incredible. I must say I am a total ANDY when it comes to night time. Im a 9pm kind of girl. I try and stretch it til 10 so I can hang with my man every once in awhile. ha! Miss you!

mutze handknit by ashley said...

Looks like fun. I was so sad I missed the fun. See you this Saturday. Ash