A quick Father's Day re-cap. It was great! We cooked up a storm, Andy's one request for Father's Day was filet mignon so I made sure to get plenty of it and my mom helped with delicious sides. It is so nice to cook a meal when it's a combined effort, it makes things so much easier. Family time really is the best. I don't remember the last time Aaron and I got a picture with my Dad since he is always behind the camera. so here you have it.
Happy Fathers Day to my caring and wonderful Dad!
Aaron and I are always trying to out do each other for the funniest card but he won this year as you can see from the expression on my Dad's face.
Andy has got us into making cards on the computer and adding pictures, funny sayings etc...The kids love it too b/c they are able to help with picking out pictures. We made my Dad a pretty funny card that involved our dogs of course since they might as well be his children. My eager kids had to show my Dad his card while opening up his gift for him. When it comes to presents Andrew and Talia don't care who it's for, they just want to open it and share the excitement.
How sad that this is the only picture I got of Andy with the kids on Father's day!?! And it had to be with my iphone that takes the worst pictures ever!!! At least my kids are happy in the picture, but they are with Dada so of course they are happy! Even though Father's Day is long gone and past I need to write some thoughts down about Andy.
He is absolutely wonderful with our children. He is fully capable of taking care of them, feeding them, changing diapers, playing with them, putting them to bed, you name it he can do it and he does it well. I love seeing the special relationship he has with each of our kids. There are times where Talia just wants her Dada to rescue her, save her, hold her etc...sometimes at night when she is in her bed she will call out for her Dada to come and lay with her. Lucky for me it is usually on a day where he hasn't been around and I'm exhausted so I just smile and say "Andy she wants you! Not me! hehe." The great thing is he loves it. He gladly gets up to go and see his baby girl and most of the time he ends up bringing her back in our bed because he simply can't resist Talia and her cuteness. As for Andrew, he loves helping out Dada, doing boy stuff with Dada, playing with Dada, and the feeling is mutual. Andy continaully works with Andrew on riding a bike, throwing a football, reading, teaching him good principles by focusing on things like not giving up, trying your best, reading scriptures, praying etc...He also does fun things with him like playing video games. Andy is such a great example to Andrew and always reminds me that he is watching us always and we have to be our best so he will be his best. I am extremely grateful for Andy and his role as a father in our family. I love that he cares so much about our kids and loves spending time with them above anyone else. He always puts his family first.











1 comment:
so good to SEE you again, ive missed you!!! how adorable is andrew in his cap and gown!?!? precious. your first is just soooooo exciting experiencing everything.
your fathers day post is so sweet.
Post a Comment