Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Holidays

Our holiday came and went in a flash. This year seemed especially busy and chaotic due to work being nuts. I didn't feel like I got to do all that I wanted with the kids but made the best of it. Seeing Andrew so aware and ready for Santa was the best though...He was more into it this year than ever before. He asked me questions daily about Santa. On Christmas Eve he couldn't even contain himself, I caught him looking up the fireplace, wanting to know if Santa would fit, making sure there was no fire going so Santa could come down, had cookies and milk for Santa, carrots for Rudloph, and it was simply magical. Andrew really made us all excited for Santa to come. He told me Christmas morning that he was looking out his window all night and saw Santa far out in the sky flying over our house :) This is such a precious age and I'm soaking up every second of it!

Took the kid to see Santa with Tawny and her kids, were there for a few hours...bass pro shop never disappoints!
The kids loved all the fish in the aquarium, a few divers came in to feed the fish and that was very entertaining.
pajama party at school and holiday performance...they sang so many songs it was adorable!
fast forward to Christmas Eve...making cookies for Santa! The kids were so excited this year for Santa it was so much fun to see them get ready for him to come to our home. The kids opened up their Christmas PJ's, we watched the polar express and got them to bed early...it was the best night!

 Talia and Andrew in their Christmas PJ's

 Chica found a new spot next to the fireplace, she likes to keep warm :)

One of my most favorite parts of the holiday season...hearing from all of you and seeing your beautiful families. Andrew and Talia adored all the cards, and when I took them down Andrew wouldn't let me throw any away so they are in his room for him to look at whenever he wants. I'm starting to realize that Andrew is a bit of a hoarder...he won't let me throw away anything and frequently checks the trash to make sure nothing of value to him is in there. He cracks me up!

 Christmas morning in holiday attire.  The kids were so good and opened up presents and then let me put it all aside to get them ready for Church. I did prep them the night before by letting them know that was how the morning was going to go, so glad they listened.

Talia was loving this purse that my Aunt Vickky sent her, she is finally getting all "girly"

the boys

Andrew got spolied by Santa and had the lego Christmas he was dreaming of...we pretty much built Legos all during his Christmas break.

This picture melts me...it describes Talia's and Chica's relationship perfectly. Talia has a love for Chica like none other, she plays with Chica as if she were human. She puts crowns on Chica, princess dresses, purses around her neck, sits with her, lays with her, covers her up in a blankie to make sure she is warm etc...She hugs her all the time like this, and as you can see she was full of energy and super happy Christmas morning. We celebrated so much more with my family, and my mom made an amazing dinner as always and had the most beautiful table set up, fine china, gold goblets (that the kids LOVED,) but I forgot my camera of course! I feel jipped not having any pictures. I'm going to have to try and steal some from my dad and repost later. Overall the holidays were a little nuts this year, but once they finally came, Andy and I took a week off to be home and relax and it was pure joy.

1 comment:

Mands Glenn said...

Sounds like you did so much much. I love it. Your Andrew and my LIlly sound so much alike. I still have all of our Christmas Cards in a bowl by the front door. We can't throw them away. Lilly always check the trash to make sure I don't throw anything away too. Ha! Love it. Im dying over Talia's Christmas outfit. So beautiful. The last picture with Chica is perfect. Frame it! Love your updates. I love that you still blog. So many of my friends have called it quits and I hate it. Keep it up. I still read! Love ya!